Trekinfo.com  

Go Back   Trekinfo.com > Trekking in Nepal > Posts from Nepal

Old 7th April 2004, 01:40 PM
Ellie

Default any one wanna trek EBC or annapurna?

Hi my names Ellie
Im going to go trekking for about 14 days on either the annapurna route or the everest route. I dont really mind which but its tempting to be able to say ive climbed Everest! I would like to go with a few people if any one is interested - think it would be more fun oh yeah and for safety. I would like to leave anytime between the 15th of April to the start of may (i leave nepal the 20th of may). If I do the everest circuit I will be flying in and out of lukla as the first week before lukla doesnt sound too good. If im staying in hostels i dont think i will need a sherpa but if people are interested in camping i think i might have to give in to a sherpa. And im indifferent on a guide.
anways about me im 19 and from england on a gap year but dont let that put you off id like to say im maturish for my age but ill let you be the judge of that. At the moment im teaching in an orphanage in bagdol - just south of patan - for 2 months. Before this I was trecking in thailand (but i think that was nothing compared to what were gonna do here) and then I travelled around laos, vietnam and cambodia and after this im going to India and then to relax in the south of thailand until money runs out or university starts.
welll i hope to hear from you if you are interested and we can meet up some time. Ellie
Old 19th April 2004, 05:39 PM
brett

Default Re: any one wanna trek EBC or annapurna?

Hi Ellie
We are a couple from sydney ,australia planning to arrive in Kathmandu around 2 or 3 may to treck somewhere in Annapurna.
Your work there sounds interesting
We heard there has been some trouble with the Maoists lately so do you know if it is safe at the moment,
Regards
Brett
Old 22nd April 2004, 02:47 PM
tashi gurung

Hi Ellie
We are a couple from sydney ,australia planning to arrive in Kathmandu around 2 or 3 may to treck somewhere in Annapurna.
Your work there sounds interesting
We heard there has been some trouble with the Maoists lately so do you know if it is safe at the moment,if you like you can look our company web.www.hkailash.com
best regard
tashi gurung
Old 22nd April 2004, 07:52 PM
Bush

I am glad to go trekking with you. I would like to sleep with you as well. if possible to sleep write me.