In Janauary 2007 I joined Shekhar and his family on a six day home stay tour around Dumre. Dumre is 5 hrs west of Kathmandu by tourist bus. Three days were spent in the Chundi area about 15 kms north of Dumre. I had the unique experience to visit local villagers rarely exposed to touristand enjoyed their hospitality. One day we trekked to strategic palace site Tanahunsur (historical palace) hight on the crest of a ridge with excellent view of Manaslu Range to the north and the Dhaulagiri to the west. Along the way the local villagers treated us with tasty in-season tangerines and their home made raksi (wine).
The following three days were spent in the Bandipur, Ramkot Besi and Ramkot to the south of Dumre. We day hiked to see the traditional Magar (ethnic group) village of Ramkot high on a saddle of a ridge. Along the way we visited a local school and meet wtih villagers.
I had an excellent six days experiencing the hospitality, culture adn natureal farm based cuisine of these areas infrequently visited by tourists. Traditional veg, and non-veg cuisine, which are organic based, are available everywhere. If you have an extra week to spend in Nepal i highly recommend this area of central Nepal. It also provides the opoortunity to see tourism benifits going to areas that normally dont see any.

Scott Graham, Canada
Further details contact

Alpine Asian Treks & Expedition
Thamel Kathmandu Nepal
Mail: nepaltrek@wlink.com.np
Ph No: +977-1-4224138/ 4226896