Thread: Annapurna Circuit doable in Nov to Dec

Default Annapurna Circuit doable in Nov to Dec

Hi

I will be arriving on the 22nd of Nov and flying out on the 24th of Dec. I would like to try the Annapurnna circuit, but I am wondering what the chances are of getting over the La Thorung pass?

Thanks

Ross

Default Re: Annapurna Circuit doable in Nov to Dec

Hi

Your chances are quite good as recent winters in Nepal have been quite dry. Just be prepared to change your plans and to have a few spare days just in case. Do NOT attempt to break the trail yourself in the case of heavy snowfall, wait until the locals have opened it. Check the weather every morning and do not set out, particularly over the pass, if there is a chance of snow. We will be making the trip in late January/February but have 6 weeks so can take it easy. I would also like to get some pics of it all when snow has fallen but feel I will be disappointed!
    Last edited by thesilvertops; 31st October 2007 at 02:59 PM.
    * thesilvertops *

Thanks, fingers crossed then.

Cheers

Late December 2005 our party crossed Thorung La ok. I would strongly advise trekking poles, as the slopes going down towards Muktinath can be icy in patches.
    yakshaver

Isn't that exciting? It is such an incredible hike. Don't rush. Too many places are areas need to be looked at. Some say Jomsom is boring. It is surrounded by big snowy peaks. not quite Khumbu but the people are nicer and the villages are wonderful. From Kalopani down to Ghasa is very beautiful so take your time