Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Food

Default Re: Food

I love lunch or dinner on the roof at theThird eye. The New Orleans or jazz bar whatever that is called is great for dinner. They have good caps. The Weizen bakery got so crowded with tour groups on my last trip that I switched to the blue note. Breakfast was nice and quiet there. I love a peacful time reading or catching up in my trip diary.
    The Fire and Ice is always a must as well.

Another place for a long breakfast - I like "Hot Breads", thats the place on the main T-junction just down from KGH where you walk in through a bakery, collecting a plate of cake before heading upstairs to the 1st floor balcony/terrace/roof and get a seat that overlooks the road below then settle down for a lazy morning of people watching with the best view of the most happening corner of town.

Also for cake/pie, pop into the Snowman Restaurant just off "Freak Street" (Jochne)

My favorites in Kathmandu:

Anjana Khaja Gar & Coffee Shop, a hole in the wall on Narsingh Chowk Marg (pass the laundry/Internet on the right, turn left at the corner, just ahead on the left, across from a Newari place) for the best tea stall you will find in Thamel

Saigon Pho, great Vietnamese food on Lazimpat Road, across from Hotel Shangrila

Buddha Bar, second level on Narsingh Chowk Marg (nearly opposite the laundry/Internet place), great, laid-back place for a beer

Hi.

Any recommendations for Vegan or Vegetarian places in KTM??

What about Pokhara?

Cheers.

Hi Jackrabbit
    I am a vegetarian and one of the MANY attractions of Nepal is that there is always plenty of Veggie food in fact on the trek meat dishes are the minority
    Every Restraunt in KMD and Pokhara will serve veggie food and most of it is very tasty!!! The only place I would be doubtful about would be The Everest Steak House ,but maybe even in there they will have a veggie option
    Nepal is a GREAT country for Vegetarians
    Cheers Redders

Thanks Redders.

OK, any place you know of that does great, fresh Fruit and Vege Juices??

Theres one called Green Organic Cafe in Thamel , I havent been myself but it has Good reports on Trip Advisor
    So maybe you can let us know if it is any good
    Cheers Redders

Thanks Man!
    I arrive in KTM on the 6th of April - will be sure to check it out and post up a review.....need my daily fix Apple, Beetroot, Ginger & Carrot

Hi Jackrabbit
    Have a Great Trek wish I was going on 6th April !!
    Report back on this forum with any interesting info and comments about the trip
    Cheers Redders