Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 year ago today

Default Kathmandu

A lot of people say they don't like Kathmandu, I don't know why, I absolutely love the place.

There is nowhere else in the world I have been where you can go out in the morning with the intention of visiting a friend. And become so waylaid by invites for tea, having lunch at someones house, meeting their whole family, chatting with the parents and grandparents while the kids all stare at you, being brought out cakes and rakshi, being shown how statues are made, playing guitar and having a singsong in someones front room ete etc all the while trying to make excuses to go and see your friend. Noone will let you leave, their hospitality is too good for that! And the more friends you get the more time you have to spend in KTM to be able to see them all. If you only have a short time to be in Kathmandu then someone is going to be disappointed! And each friend won't let it be them!

I don't know the exact ladies you mean but I will look out for them.

This time tomorrow!

Escher

Default disinformation Colin!

Amazing what goes on in one week in my absence! So Escher, is that right, you look like Colin Firth, you have kept this to yourself knowing how I feel about him........!
    Last edited by julia; 28th March 2006 at 01:42 PM.

Default Like Colin Firth?

Have you been away Julia? Where did you go? Did you have a nice time? Was it relaxing?

So you appreciate Colin Firth's acting talents do you? I thought you might be a connoisseur of the fine arts and someone with impeccable taste.

Escher

Escher now you know i have been away because you read the lyw thread regarding the French lym and his treacle tart, icecream and brie, so you also know where i went, (skiing). I did a very good imitation of Bridgette Jones on the lifts just in case Colin was around, but no im afraid it wasnt very relaxing, as i had to be on my guard the whole time in case the lym sneakily crept up on me whilst i was eating French brie and drinking red wine, not that i wouldve noticed or cared after the wine!

Its not CFs acting talents i appreciate oh no, but im afraid i cannot go into that unless i have had the red wine, then i might let you know! How can you imply that i dont have impeccable taste, you have obviously never watched the lake scene! How is Kat man do? are you enjoying yourself, have you had a indian massage yet? Very relaxing so ive heard. Do you look like CF or not? Come on tell me!!!

Default I didn't realise you had GONE

Oh, I don't read all the posts on here. I didn't realise you had GONE anywhere and that you have been ELSEWHERE for some time. Damn keyboard the caps LOCK seems to be getting stuck. More importantly did you have a good time? Or did you say, I might have missed it. I have been a bit distracted recently.

Escher

Default Lym

One more thing I forgot to say. The LYM certainly doesn't sneak up on you, you definitely know he is coming. And if you don't you can smell his aftershave from miles away.

Escher

Ps. Ah the caps lock seems to be workign now

What do you expect for 20 rupees an hour?

are you sure its the caps locks that keep getting stuck Escher and its not just you suffering from low altitude sickness!!

And you mean to say you dont read ALL my posts, i have read everyone of yours, especially your kit lists!

Default Lists

I am glad you have read that list. It is important that you did, there is some really important information in there as I really know what I am talking about.

After all us men are funny!

Escher

Default funny ?

all you men are funny, is that what you call it, does that include LYM