Thread: Message: You have been banned for the following reason:none ???

Question Message: You have been banned for the following reason:none ???

When trying to subscribe to my own thread I got this cryptical message :

>You have been banned for the following reason:None

>Date the ban will be lifted: Never

What the .... does that mean ?

Default Re: Message: You have been banned for the following reason:none ???

I think that the message is a red-herring and the actual issue is that subscribing to threads is not enabled on the forum. I get the same message when I try to subscribe to a thread and I've been posting here for quite a while.

I'd imagine that thread subscription requires additional resources on the server end (more room in the database, email notifications etc) and maybe those resources aren't available?

Couldn't they just edit the FAQs, and say they aren't doing subscriptions? Or edit the message to say you've been banned because: the board does not support subscriptions for any member.
    Last edited by Dougo; 21st November 2007 at 07:00 AM.

I've just joined and went to that option to find such a flightening msg. 'banned'!
    So the option is disabled then

Question Re: Message: You have been banned for the following reason:none ???

OK guys, need some help here. I can't reproduce this error with a user I created. As far as I can see in the gazillion options for the board subscriptions is enabled and my test user can subscribe to threads.

I can't find any option to turn subscriptions on or off for the whole board or individual users.

Can you post a screen image showing the error or something else that will help me to fix this.

I've had exactly the same issue since I signed up last year: in

http://trekinfo.com/forums/usercp.php

There's a section called 'New Subscribed Threads'; I have 1 subscribed thread (http://trekinfo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26218 - not that it's relevant). However, 1) I never get e-mail notifications about updates to that thread and 2) if I click on 'View all Subscribed Threads', i.e.

http://trekinfo.com/forums/subscript...ewsubscription

I get the infamous

'You have been banned for the following reason:
    No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never' (screenshot attached).

Interestingly I don't seem to be able to edit my e-mail address by following 'Edit Email & Password'. There are various options such as 'Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages' and 'Default Thread Subscription Mode' which all seem to be set appropriately. But I notice that while get e-mails for private messages, I don't get them for friend requests, which disagrees with my options.

I haven't really tried googling these issues, but I suspect that's pretty much the only option at this point, unless you dive into the database or vBulletin logs.

Andy
    Attached Images Attached Images