Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossing Cho La

Netherlands (55%), Nepal (40%) and France(5%) of the year

Smile crossing all high passes

Hi,

Just this spring I crossed Cho La for the third time from Khumbu side. More easy than other way around. Only late in the year ice can make the tour quite heavy (crampons or iceaxe!). Kong Ma la is the best approciable from Dingboche or Chuckung, it's a long walk and if there is any snow .....can be dangerous too. Renjo La, easiest way from Gokyo side. From there you have a splendid view on Makalu, Everest and Lhotse. Might say even better view as from the Gokyo Ri and more relaxed, no people around you.

Cheers,

Harry

Default Re: Crossing Cho La

Hi All,

I have created a Google Earth tour of the trek to EBC via Gokyo and Cho La. You can view it here on Youtube:

http://youtu.be/t1-vTt_eI-w

Enjoy!

Just got back (a month ago) from my first trek in Nepal -- went with my brother, guide Bikash from Alliance Trekking in Kathmandu, and porter Sri. The trip was great -- we flew into Lukla and followed the EBC route up to Mong-La and then north to Gokyo. Did Gokyo Ri for views of Everest, then Cho La pass (west to east) and over to Lobuche. Then down the EBC route back to Lukla. Cho La pass was in great shape, very little snow in the 3rd week of November 2014.

If anyone's interested in photos, here's the photo set:

https://plus.google.com/photos/10341...14911989923297

Dave

Thumbs up Re: Crossing Cho La

i did more then 10 time both side and i fell easy to doing first Everest Base camp then go to gokyo lake . from chola you can't see the best views then renjola pass . the most beautiful pass is renjola i like it very much . enjoy the trip in Nepal .

Netherlands (55%), Nepal (40%) and France(5%) of the year

Default Re: Crossing Cho La-Renjo La

I agree, Renjo is the best from views and more easy than the others. We crossed Renjo La in 2004 using fix ropes on the way down. Now they even cross with Yaks.

Anyone have any experience crossing Cho La since January 1 2015? We are going there in a few weeks, and have heard that the snowfall in December has left the passes very difficult if not closed. I'd be very glad to hear from anyone who has been there recently!

Red face Re: Crossing Cho La

Quote Originally Posted by Milek View Post
    Hi
    I am planning the trek to EBC with Gokyo side via Cho La next year. My qeustion is: is it better to cross Cho La from Gokyo first or start from Khumbu side. What would you recommend (mostly from acclimatization reason)? Most of the treckers is going for Khumbu side but I am still not sure about this.
    Milosz, Poland
    after Everest Base Camp and Kalapathar is much easier because enough acclimatisation

My notes on crossing the Cho La in the post below from Dzongla to Gokyo -

http://sujoyrdas.blogspot.in/2016/01...o-la-pass.html