Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Back

Oh, yes! and that is for TWO persons, more or less 1.000 Rupees.

Default Hm???

Hendrik,
    I thank you for your compliment, but I sincerily believe you may be overestimating both my perceptional ability and my inteligence...

Does Cho Oyu seem to be "reversed" in your pic? The little "hump" in the mountain would be on the other side, on the right side as you look from the south... And as you say Marceau is walking towards Gokyo village, he'd be walking from east to west (more or less) and therefore your shot would be taken from the south, with some great approximaton. I may be wrong. Or is it something between Ngozumpa glacier and Cho Oyu, in the second plan... No idea.
    I have attaced a couple of pictures of mine of the great mounatin, obvioulsy from a different angle&distance.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Default Aaaaaand...

... we have a winner!

Seems that both your inteligenge and percepcional ability are just fine, Yakshaver.

Indeed the all photo is inverted, since I wanted to name it "from EBC to Gokyo", but Marcéu pose to it crossing from Gokyo to EBC.

After the shot, I perceived the error, but had no face to call back my humourless brother and pose for another shot, so I used what I had.

A little add for the money expenses: itīs for 32 days, including our last days in Lukla (AKA the fancy food eating days).

I didnīt keep a expense control for the days in Kathmandu. Before the trek I was to desperate to start it. After the trek I was to sick.

[]īs

Hendrik

Default Phew!!

Glad I persisted in the quest!

Good stuff the expenses list.

Default Btw

If some more of you guys has the trekking costs, detailed or not, please share. Donīt be shy.

[]īs

Hendrik

hoot72 Guest

The one thing I have learned over the years from trekking is Altitude Sickness hits trekkers regardless of u are super fit or a fat blob...and then there are some people who just dont feel the effects when other's are..

And remember, you as a trekker are only as strong as the weakest member of the group because you know you cant leave him behind alone....and you will have to wait for him...which is why I never trek in groups and am responsible for my gf and our guide and porter only...

hoot72 Guest

Excellent posts Hendrik and thanks for making the effort to post your experinces day by day..

It benefits the entire community on the forum and you are a BRAVE MAN for doing what you did...alot of hard work and killer hills but worth the experince I am sure..

well done

Default Re: Back

Hoi, Hoot72,

Sorry I didnīt answer your kind praise untill now. Iīve being kind of busy strugling to keep my neck out of financial pit.

Anyway, Iīve done nothing that many trekkers donīt do every year with much less efort. But I feel like given something to the forum that so kindly help me at my preparations. If someone deserves apraisal here, are the active member of the Trekinfo. Always when the opportunit apperars, I give this adress to people wanting to go to Nepal. Sadly, english is not generally well understood or talked at my homecountry.

But Iīm glad you enjoy reading my miseries and hapiness through Nepal. I hope go there again in a not very far future, because I miss it very much.

[]īs

Hendrik

Default Re: Back

Did you ever go back? Did you write a book about your trek?