Thread: Annapurna Circuit or else?!

Default Annapurna Circuit or else?!

Hello all,
    My wife and I are heading to Nepal at beginning of April for 3 weeks. We are planning right now to do the Annapurna Circuit with as many side trips as possible. We are not set yet on the Annapurna Circuit. We consider ourselves fit (ultra-runners, back-country skiers, etc.) from British Columbia, Canada. As I have orienteering skills and experience in high mountains (Andes & Western Canada), we will rather trek without a guide at our own rhythm. Our first choice was Manaslu, but it looks like guides are still required. We really like the idea of the EBC through the 3 passes, but 3 weeks might be not enough considering the plane uncertainties.

Anyhow, the AC seems really great, but we fear that it may be developed now with the roads and that it won't "remote" enough. Do you have suggestions of alternative and/or must-do side trips to do on the AC circuit in April, like Tilicho Lake or Nar Phu (seems dicy in April)? We were maybe thinking of jumping on a jeep in Jomsom to do the point where the AC heads towards Poon Hill and maybe used our acclimatization to do the ABC.

Any suggestions will be truly appreciated as I know Nepal is different than any other mountain range out there!

Thanks!

Smile Re: Annapurna Circuit or else?!

Hi, I am also planning for the Nepal holidays in the first week of April and my first choice is Everest Base camp trek with Ama Dablam base camp also. Still not decided, a bit confused to go on my own or hire a guide. 😀😀