Thread: LANGTANG TREK AFTER the earthquake

Default LANGTANG TREK AFTER the earthquake

hello to all,

me and my boyfriend are plannig to travel napel for two weeks on the 14-30/4.

because of our time limit we thought about the langtang treck as a good option. (a short treck close to katmando combines valley, villages, and mountains).

as far as we could understand the erea safferd quite a lot in the earth quake.

is it safe to do the treck?

is it open for hiking?

is it recommendad
    ?

if it's not, does any one have other reccomendation in our time limit?

thanks for hellping,

tslil.

Default Re: LANGTANG TREK AFTER the earthquake

You might be best contacting a trekking agency in Nepal to find out conditions if someone on here doesn't know more. I understand there was significant devastation and destruction and things will take time to improve. Tourism may assist that process if done correctly.

In two weeks you could do some trekking in the Annapurna area, if you don't find much info on langtang or tea houses haven't been rebuilt and you don't like tents - eg. Annapurna Sanctuary / base camp.

Quote Originally Posted by zlil zviel View Post
    hello to all,

me and my boyfriend are plannig to travel napel for two weeks on the 14-30/4.

because of our time limit we thought about the langtang treck as a good option. (a short treck close to katmando combines valley, villages, and mountains).

as far as we could understand the erea safferd quite a lot in the earth quake.

is it safe to do the treck?

is it open for hiking?

is it recommendad
    ?

if it's not, does any one have other reccomendation in our time limit?

thanks for hellping,

tslil.