Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Requesting current information for the Khumbu (fuel shortages, political climate,etc)

Default Re: Requesting current information for the Khumbu (fuel shortages, political climate,

Come with me in Feb Yakshaver? I want to do Jiri to KP but the fuel issue is making getting to Jiri too expensive at the moment..

Be great to have you as a trekking mate..

Andy

Default Re: Requesting current information for the Khumbu (fuel shortages, political climate,

Quote Originally Posted by Lars View Post
    I'd quite like to know which lodge that is, so I wont bother him by going there.

It may be understandable but I do think lodge owners could also well remember that their business started out
    and was developed with solo trekkers. The first several treks I did, in the 80's and early 90's all the groups
    stayed in tents and never spent a rupee in the lodges.

Lars
    Odisha
    Do you mean my comments about the owner not caring about solo trekkers? If so it was the Khumbu Lodge. I don't stay there anymore anyway as I find Hotel Tibet better and the Khumbu was closed last time I wanted to stay there (In February 2010). Guy was quite arrogant about it actually.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Taupo19 View Post
    .. it was the Khumbu Lodge. I don't stay there anymore anyway as I find Hotel Tibet better
    Which village is this in?

Lars
    Brahmapur, Od

Quote Originally Posted by Lars View Post
    I'd quite like to know which lodge that is, so I wont bother him by going there.

It may be understandable but I do think lodge owners could also well remember that their business started out
    and was developed with solo trekkers. The first several treks I did, in the 80's and early 90's all the groups
    stayed in tents and never spent a rupee in the lodges.

Lars
    Odisha
    True. Paradigm has changed, though. Now solo trekker = stingy fella, who likes to haggle the room price. Big group = clueless wealthy tourists who have paid big amount of money to an agency which has promised to take them to fancy lodges and pays relatively well for the rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrus View Post
    True. Paradigm has changed, though. Now solo trekker = stingy fella, who likes to haggle the room price. Big group = clueless wealthy tourists who have paid big amount of money to an agency which has promised to take them to fancy lodges and pays relatively well for the rooms.
    It was in Namche Lars

Taupo19 your offer is very tempting!!! Unfortunately the only free time for me is in January. So I will be landing in Kathamndu on 6 January with a friend who did Manalsu with me last year. No firm plans, but Khumbu is very tempting again, though it will be COLD...
    yakshaver

Quote Originally Posted by yakshaver View Post
    It is very tempting, since there are lower number of tourists, to come to Nepal and wonder through Khumbu! It would be my 6th trip in the area, I believe. Mmmmm, very very tempting...
    Have a great trip Yakshaver - it looks like I might be doing the bit from Jiri on my own - if I can get there.. Let's hope the fuel prices come down soon.

Stay safe!

Andy