Thread: Khopra Danda trek

Thumbs up Khopra Danda trek

in March 2015 i went with Agnes and Astrid to the Khopra Danda trek. Our guide was Chandi Rai and he made a slideshow of this beautiful trek . On the south part we met in 5 days only one other tourist but enjoyed very much the mountain views an the ernorous rhododendron trees in blossom. After the khopra Danda trek we continued to the ABC.
    AC and all the treks south of Annapunra were not affected by the earthquake and are safe to trek. People who complain that the treks are overcroaded should consider the opportunity to go this fall. There is also no problem to find Hotels and Restaurants in Kathmandu and Pokhara an Chitwan is just perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M60qepyIFpQ

Default Re: Khopra Danda trek

Hi Andrees,

What was your route? (Where did you start?) Did you stay in community lodges, homestays or ?

Landfall38

PS Was there any effect of earthquake on Marsyandi side of AC?

Hi Landfall I haven't heard of any damages in the Marsyangdi side of ABC. It is totally safe. As you inquired about the trek has guest houses and lodges or not to Andreas. This trek has guest houses and lodges.

Hi Andrees,

Great! You enjoyed the off the beaten Khopra Trek, very less people trek there compare to AC or ABC/Poon Hill.
    Your trek was in March, And earthquake hit Nepal on April 15th 2015 so you were there before the shock, right? But entire Annapurna route is unaffected and very very safe to trek. I did ABC+Lumbini with my client in June.

Yes right, there are enough hotel open in Kathmandu and Pokhara. They can cater thousands of visitor, No problem at all. And @ Landfall, Khopra Trek can be started from Tadapani/Swanta/Tatopani/Galeswor...... etc
    Good luck!
    Last edited by Guide in Himalaya; 15th July 2015 at 09:39 AM.

Netherlands (55%), Nepal (40%) and France(5%) of the year

Quote Originally Posted by andrees View Post
    in March 2015 i went with Agnes and Astrid to the Khopra Danda trek. Our guide was Chandi Rai and he made a slideshow of this beautiful trek . On the south part we met in 5 days only one other tourist but enjoyed very much the mountain views an the ernorous rhododendron trees in blossom. After the khopra Danda trek we continued to the ABC.
    AC and all the treks south of Annapunra were not affected by the earthquake and are safe to trek. People who complain that the treks are overcroaded should consider the opportunity to go this fall. There is also no problem to find Hotels and Restaurants in Kathmandu and Pokhara an Chitwan is just perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M60qepyIFpQ
    I already planned to do this trek this coming winter since I've heard about the trek to be unbeaten and very good for views. Looking for some companions somewhere around October 28 / 29 this year. We will take a guide.

How long do you estimate that the trek will take you, Harry?
    yakshaver