Thread: My Itinerary for OCT/NOV

Default My Itinerary for OCT/NOV

Hi Folks I just thought I d let you folks have a look at my Itinerary for next season I m taking some friends down the west side of Annapurna and up to ABC
    Ideally I would like to gain another day for preparation in Kathmandu so maybe you could advise on this
    1 Fly to Jomson and then jeep to Muktinath ( is this worth doing just to walk back )
    2 Kagbeni ( maybe we could jeep to there and save a day )
    3 Marpha
    4 Kalapani
    5 Tatopani
    6 Chitre
    7 Ghorepani
    8 Tadopani
    9 Sinuwa
    10 Duerali
    11 ABC
    12 Bamboo
    13 Jhinudanda
    14 Pokhara

Well there it is grateful for any advice or info Good Lodges Jeep info etc Do you think jeeping up to Muktinath is a good idea ? is AMS a problem doing it that way
    Thanks in anticipation
    Redders

Default Re: My Itinerary for OCT/NOV

Transport between Jomsom-Kagbeni-Muktinath includes regular BUS as well as jeeps (if you have right group size, jeep might be good option, but costs more), and motorcycle taxis

Above Jomsom transport relatively easy to arrange (however, FYI, in 2014, Jomsom-Beni sections were a pain -- hopefully somewhat better now that govt has changed the rules).

To save a day, why not arrange a 2-3 hour stop in Muktinath then jeep to Kagbeni to stay the eve? Other than the temple, Muktinath is not so "exciting". Kagbeni is much much nicer. (The walk down from Muktinath to Kagbeni on same side of valley as the road has been very negatively affected by the road. Unless, of course, you are considering the walk on the other side of valley to Kagbeni.)
    Last edited by Landfall38; 21st July 2015 at 03:36 AM.