Thread: Earth quake nepal 2015-4-

Exclamation Earth quake nepal 2015-4-

i will not cover al the horrible news.
    beside The Kathmandu valley and Langtang seems to be hit very hard.
    Pokhara has compared only little damages.

For the people who seek information about their friends there are two usfull sites.
    https://google.org/personfinder/2015-nepal-earthquake/ hier you can enter information about people you know if they are safe and also look for this information.
    If you have Facebookfriends in Nepal look at https://www.facebook.com/safetycheck/nepalearthquake/

And if you are looking for information please visit my Facebookgroup nepal freind of Andrées (mixed German/English) https://www.facebook.com/groups/110810205627502/

Andrées
    Last edited by andrees; 26th April 2015 at 10:49 PM.

Default Re: Earth quake nepal 2015-4-

You are doing good work Andrees
    rich

No one goes so far or so fast as the man who does not know where he is going. H.W.Tilman

The news coming out of Nepal is becoming more awful every day and perhaps we find it hard to put words to the images we are seeing. Has no one got anything to say about this? Perhaps we are too stunned...

Andrees, Thanks for keeping up the news on Facebook. You're my main source.
    rich

No one goes so far or so fast as the man who does not know where he is going. H.W.Tilman

Hi fellow Nepal-trekking lovers,

I just read a newspaper article quoting two rescued trekkers mentioning that Pheriche and Gorak Shep are destroyed, and Lobuche half-destroyed. (Source: Times Of India newspaper dated 29th April 2015, page 12).

Can anyone confirm the above news?

This post is to merely confirm the news ... either way. I request everyone not to quote this post, until confirmation.

A tragedy, as already expressed by many of us. There was another article in the same newspaper that all surviving climbers above EBC have been rescued. However, very little news is trickling in about the trekkers on the EBC trek.

cheers,
    - manish

Quote Originally Posted by manishmatu View Post
    Hi fellow Nepal-trekking lovers,

I just read a newspaper article quoting two rescued trekkers mentioning that Pheriche and Gorak Shep are destroyed, and Lobuche half-destroyed. (Source: Times Of India newspaper dated 29th April 2015, page 12).

Can anyone confirm the above news?

This post is to merely confirm the news ... either way. I request everyone not to quote this post, until confirmation.

A tragedy, as already expressed by many of us. There was another article in the same newspaper that all surviving climbers above EBC have been rescued. However, very little news is trickling in about the trekkers on the EBC trek.

cheers,
    - manish
    Manish, here is a story from Pheriche, it says there was damage but Pheriche has not been destroyed.

http://www.tetongravity.com/story/ad...ged-everything

I haven't heard about Lobuche but I had heard of some trekkers that took shelter in Gorak Shep so perhaps there are still buildings standing there. However, I have heard and seen pictures of a great deal of destruction in Thame. That is about all I know.

Rich, it is hard to know what to say. Words seem so futile but I guess we are all trying to do what we can financially as that seems to be all we can do in the face of such destruction.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Escher

Thanx, Escher.

From the well-written article whose link u posted, its clear that Pheriche has suffered damages, but is not destroyed. And, the clinic is thankfully operational. My source, the newspaper article, quotes the trekkers saying "Pheriche was destroyed before our eyes" and "Lopuche was half-destroyed. Gorakshep, the penultimate stop before the base camp, is gone". Maybe, the trekkers were merely over-reacting after being rescued and thrust into the middle of media?

Anybody else with news about the villages & locals on the EBC trek?

cheers,
    - manish

Some houses in Lobuche are damaged but at least some lodges are still standing.