Thread: Sexual Harrassment, Irresponsible agent and unprofessional guide

Default Sexual Harrassment, Irresponsible agent and unprofessional guide

I feel I have duty to write what happened to me when using Nepal Hiking adventure as trekking service to everest base camp.

I am single female traveller. When I decided to use Nepal hiking adventure to everest base camp, I mentioned clearly to the owner, Bishnu, that I need to have a professional and honest guide who I can count on during the whole trekking but they gave me a guide who I feel insecure to be with and has below problems during trekking.

1. Sexual harrassment.
    Guide, Ram, harrassed me at 1st of trekking to Phakding by asking me if he can share a room with me. 2nd day, he told me if I am too full at breakfast, we just stayed at the bed.

2. Careless and doesn't have down jacke, right shoes to Everest base camp.
    The time I trek to Everest base camp is Mid Feb, winter time. It is cold at Everst Base Camp. Ram did not have down jacket but only cotton jacket and wind proof jacket with him. He was sick after Dingboche. His shoes is too tight to his feet. He feet got hurt during trekking. I need to give him medicine and bandage as he forgot to have first aid kit with him.

3. Irresponsible,
    Guide, Ram, disappered during my trek from Lobuche (4910m) to Gorak Shep (5180m). I need to look at the footprint on the ground to find direction myself.

4. the guide doesn't follow the quotation and ask me the Itinerary.
    According to quotation, the guide should have duffel bag to carry 10 kg for me and to have duffel bag to carry. The guide only brings a 40L backpack and only 7kg for me so I need to give him my bag which is hanged outside the backpack with my sleeping bag. Luckily it was not rain during trekking or my luggage will be wet and can't continue the trip.

He ask me if I have itinerary to show him. Look like the agent did not tell him about my itinerary which is so ridiculous.

I told the agent what happened to me. The agent said it is all guide's problem and they can't monitor their guide all the time. Bishnu even said the guide told him different story. I and guide should sit down and talk in Kathmandu. Which excuse proves that Nepal Hiking Adventure is not responsible agnet and not capable to screen and give prorfessional guide to their client. They don't treat customer as priority.

The trekking with Nepal Hiking adventure is the worst trekking experience in my life.

Default Re: Sexual Harrassment, Irresponsible agent and unprofessional guide

OK thanks for this report. We all understand that it was a terrible experience. But please do not keep repeating this story.

Quote Originally Posted by ceciliahsiao View Post
    I feel I have duty to write what happened to me when using Nepal Hiking adventure as trekking service to everest base camp.

I am single female traveller. When I decided to use Nepal hiking adventure to everest base camp, I mentioned clearly to the owner, Bishnu, that I need to have a professional and honest guide who I can count on during the whole trekking but they gave me a guide who I feel insecure to be with and has below problems during trekking.

1. Sexual harrassment.
    Guide, Ram, harrassed me at 1st of trekking to Phakding by asking me if he can share a room with me. 2nd day, he told me if I am too full at breakfast, we just stayed at the bed.

2. Careless and doesn't have down jacke, right shoes to Everest base camp.
    The time I trek to Everest base camp is Mid Feb, winter time. It is cold at Everst Base Camp. Ram did not have down jacket but only cotton jacket and wind proof jacket with him. He was sick after Dingboche. His shoes is too tight to his feet. He feet got hurt during trekking. I need to give him medicine and bandage as he forgot to have first aid kit with him.

3. Irresponsible,
    Guide, Ram, disappered during my trek from Lobuche (4910m) to Gorak Shep (5180m). I need to look at the footprint on the ground to find direction myself.

4. the guide doesn't follow the quotation and ask me the Itinerary.
    According to quotation, the guide should have duffel bag to carry 10 kg for me and to have duffel bag to carry. The guide only brings a 40L backpack and only 7kg for me so I need to give him my bag which is hanged outside the backpack with my sleeping bag. Luckily it was not rain during trekking or my luggage will be wet and can't continue the trip.

He ask me if I have itinerary to show him. Look like the agent did not tell him about my itinerary which is so ridiculous.

I told the agent what happened to me. The agent said it is all guide's problem and they can't monitor their guide all the time. Bishnu even said the guide told him different story. I and guide should sit down and talk in Kathmandu. Which excuse proves that Nepal Hiking Adventure is not responsible agnet and not capable to screen and give prorfessional guide to their client. They don't treat customer as priority.

The trekking with Nepal Hiking adventure is the worst trekking experience in my life.