Thread: Prices for Treks

Default Prices for Treks

Im planning a 17 day trek includes pick up at KTM airport , economic class accomm in KTM and Pokhara then homestays along route into Dhorpatan etc. Basic stuff. Including food etc. What would be average price of this with one guide/porter . I will be alone. cheers anyone and everyone....

Default Re: Prices for Treks

Quote Originally Posted by intrepid View Post
    Im planning a 17 day trek includes pick up at KTM airport , economic class accomm in KTM and Pokhara then homestays along route into Dhorpatan etc. Basic stuff. Including food etc. What would be average price of this with one guide/porter . I will be alone. cheers anyone and everyone....
    Hello intrepid!

The prices to any trek in Nepal region depend on many factors. And I am saying it with my personal and first hand experience.

Stating with:

1) Rates differ if you are a Nepali citizen, an Indian or a foreigner. The charges for a foreigner are on the highest side.
    2) The kind of services you require. Even if you wish to keep in minimal, as you keep moving up towards Everest, the prices keep rising.

I am an Indian, and had done a 16 days trek to the Everest Base Camp in 2011, and am going back to Everest in April 2015 (Starting April 19th from kathmandu and ending on May 4, 2015 in Kathmandu) with some of my close friends. If you wish to join my group (5 by now, but how many will ultimately join, I have no clue yet), you are welcome to join us at whatever cost it comes to depending on your citizenship status. It will make your life a bit more comfortable as compared to doing it all alone.

if you have time, you can also visit my travelogue "The paths I walked on..." by clicking the link here.

And you have made up your mind to join us, connect with me thru a private message and I will give you more details.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

Prabhaker

PS: If you are not interested in doing EBCT, and want to proceed to Pokhra as stated in your message, I will connect you to my trustworthy guide friend, and then he can help you out properly.
    Last edited by Prabhaker; 19th February 2015 at 06:03 PM.