Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Annapurna Circuit in August 2015

Default Re: Annapurna Circuit in August 2015

I know it's early yet, but we have flights booked to land in Ktm on 21 July. Do you think we should still go to Nepal? There are a lot of things to consider. My primary concern is being in the way during a time of national crisis and human suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by justinb View Post
    I know it's early yet, but we have flights booked to land in Ktm on 21 July. Do you think we should still go to Nepal? There are a lot of things to consider. My primary concern is being in the way during a time of national crisis and human suffering.
    Personaly I think that the best you can do to help is to carry on with your planned trip & possibly take/buy some extra medicine/food/money to distribute along the way. Nepal is so dependant on tourism & the sooner it picks up again, the better. I too have booked my flight at the end of October & intend to go.

Quote Originally Posted by parul1212 View Post
    Hi there,. I'm planning to trek the Annapurna Circuit including the ABC at the end in approximately 25 days or more starting in mid-July 2015.
    25 days for AC and ABC is sufficient amount of time. Apply necessary precautions you will certainly enjoy the trek. Have a safe and joyful journey. Cheers

Yes, like scoodly and Andrees, I have done the AC in July 2006. It was one of the best treks ever. Mild wether, nice flowers, green valleys. Everything you do not find in winter. These days the bus or taxi will take you to Dharapani, which is just on the edge or the monsoon hitting area. From there to until you cross Thorung La, there is very little rain, but still nice and green. I could not believe it when, waking up at night for a diamox callName:  DSC_0465 - Copy.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  33.9 KBName:  DSC_0079 - Copy.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  36.4 KBName:  DSC_0583.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  43.4 KBName:  DSC_0465 - Copy.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  33.9 KBName:  DSC_0079 - Copy.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  36.4 KBName:  DSC_0583.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  43.4 KB at High Camp (4800 m) before crossing Thorung La, I checked the temperature and it was 10 degrees Celsius.
    yakshaver