Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The beautifull NATT-trails on the Annapurna Circuit

Lightbulb Updated brand new third edition 2016 of the Guide book Trekking the Annapurnas

From October to December 2016 I was again trekking and marking the NATT trails in the Annapurna area with my friend Prem Rai. We took exactly 2 months and enjoyed it much. We started in Bhulbule and were astonished, because there is now a new road going to Ngadi where they nearly finished a huge dam for a hydropower project. Two years before we only could see just a little construction site. Anyway, it makes sense to take a bus in Besisahar right to Ngadi and then stay in the old village part. We continued and had ten great days in the side valley of Naar and Phu and crossed the Kang la to the Manang area. Our original plan was to explore more deeply the Tilicho lake area but after two days snow there was no possibility to go there. But we could mark and describe well the area from Tilicho to Thorong la.
    Name:  NATT 2016 Front-Cover y0400.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  23.8 KB
    On the way down from Jomsom ACAP showed us the freshly built new trail on the left side of Kali Gandaki starting from Lete to Pairothabla. On this trail which is partially difficult and not suited for people with height fear, you can completely avoid the road till the last 400 m before Tatopani. But then you are already so excited and dreaming of the hot spring and delicious food, that you will not fully realize it.
    The guidebook describes several new NATT trails. You can avoid much of the road which reaches Manang and even Khangsar an all the road from Jomsom to Tatopani. Apart from Naar Phu we also described the daytrip to Dhaulagiri Icefall. The editor has taken away from the cover the mention of the treks south of Annapurna. But they are still in: Poon hill, Khopra Danda, ABC and Mardi Himal.
    Coming back to Pokhara it took me 4 weeks to update our Guide book to the third edition and since June 2016 you can buy it in Kathmandu or at Amazon UK . The guidebook describes several new Natt trails. You can avoid much of the road which reaches Manang and even Khangsar an all the road from Jomsom to Tatopani. Apart from Naar Phu we also described the daytrip to Dhaulagiri Icefall. The editor has taken away from the cover the mention of the treks south of Annapurna. But they are still in: Poon hill, Khopra Danda, ABC and Mardi Himal.
    Trekking the Annapurna Circuit. The new NATT-trails which avoid the road
    By Andrees de Ruiter and Prem Rai
    Mass Market Paperback
    ISBN-10: 9937649412
    ISBN-13: 978-9937649414
    Product Dimensions: 18 x 12 x 1.5 cm

Red face Re: The beautifull NATT-trails on the Annapurna Circuit

i just got a copy of the the TGO Magazine (The great outdoors) from April 2016 with a long Article "Himalays "Return of the worlds greatest Trek" /Return to Annapurna .
    Terry Adby describes his long Trek around Annapurna and to ABC, where he followede many of the NATT trails described in the previous post.
    quote 1"When road construction began along the route o fthe Annapurna Circuit, many- including me - saw it as a death knell for trekking there"
    But then he was pleased with the new NATT trails.

Quote 2: While things have changed, and will no doubt continue to do so, I can now see how the Annapurnaqs remain one of the greatest trekking destinations on earth. All you need is NATT's. Name:  The great outdoors April 16 TGO Magazine.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  43.8 KB

Thank you Terry

Default Re: The beautifull NATT-trails on the Annapurna Circuit

Great news Andrees
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Escher