Thread: September Guerilla Trek

Default September Guerilla Trek

I was planning an earlier trek but for various reasons I wont be able to do it until September , prob mid september. Just wanted to ask if that is doable in terms of rain monsoon etc? I know October would be better vis weather but it seems a busy period for flights etc.

Default Re: September Guerilla Trek

Quote Originally Posted by intrepid View Post
    I was planning an earlier trek but for various reasons I wont be able to do it until September , prob mid september. Just wanted to ask if that is doable in terms of rain monsoon etc? I know October would be better vis weather but it seems a busy period for flights etc.
    Difficult to say. I would go October, though the monsoon times, like all climate issues on the planet, have gone a bit haywire lately.
    September is a bit warmer. But yes, you could still have some rains happening. I do not know the weather patterns for the Guerilla Trek though...
    I would not be too worried about the flights. Are you talking internal Nepal fligths? Because international flights are not affected usually.
    You will have issues with internal flights no matter if you go October or September. So there is no point to worry.
    While in October you might have to contend with more trekkers, and more demand for flights, in September you often might deal with the weather, and flights being cancelled because of that. Either way, have a few days (2-3) up your sleeve if you have to fly inside Nepal.
    yakshaver

I did some training out in that area many yrs ago....ahem, many decades ago.... during late monsoon. It will be fricking hot in Sept and most of Oct too unless you get up to some high(er) altitudes. One of my main memories is of using an umbrella to protect myself from the sun and the dried out desiccated cracked shrunken red earth under the broiling sun....we were down mostly at river level though...

Roger
    Last edited by roger_ray; 23rd July 2014 at 08:56 AM. Reason: spelling

For various reasons ive missed the boat on the September trek now im looking at December prob mid December. My concern here is having read a bit about the Guerilla Trek and the various high passes (advises crampons etc?!) not sure its such a great idea in winter also considering it would be my first trek in Nepal etc and not an experienced trekker at high altitude etc. Anyone concur/disagree/couldnt care less?