Thread: Booking ahead?

Default Booking ahead?

Hi everyone,

I am trekking Jiri to KP this coming April (6th Time!) and I was wondering if it was possible to book lodges ahead? I normally trek in Feb when the lodges are empty but I believe April is particularly busy? I was interested in the Hotel Tibet in Namche but any info would be great. I've been reading stories of people struggling to find a rooms.

Happy trekking.

Default Re: Booking ahead?

Not really. My guide, or porter guide, usually calls a day in advance for Hotel Namche in Namche Bazaar to reserva a more decent roomf or me. But that is about it. And he gets one simply because they know him, he brings a lot of business to them.
    In general I do not think there is a point in booking. Even if someone will tell you that you have a room reserved, if there are hordes of tourists going before you, your "reservation" will mean nothing.

I have trekked in April in the area. It is indeed a bit more crowded, but you should find accommodation without much of a problem. There are plenty of lodges along the way.
    yakshaver

Default Re: Booking ahead?

Quote Originally Posted by Taupo19 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am trekking Jiri to KP this coming April (6th Time!) and I was wondering if it was possible to book lodges ahead? I normally trek in Feb when the lodges are empty but I believe April is particularly busy? I was interested in the Hotel Tibet in Namche but any info would be great. I've been reading stories of people struggling to find a rooms.

Happy trekking.
    Hi Taupo

it is always better to book a room earlier but if you have good travel guide from an experienced agency, there won't be any problem. There are many lodges out there.
    The stories about struggling to find rooms are somewhat right and part of it is wrong. During season, the lodges will be packed. The best to make sure is get it booked or ask any reputed and experienced traveling/trekking agency.
    Last edited by yakshaver; 15th December 2013 at 06:57 AM.