Thread: Jomsom - Pokhara (possilble to do via bus & taxi/jeep in one day?)

Default Jomsom - Pokhara (possilble to do via bus & taxi/jeep in one day?)

Is it possible to do Muktinath-Kagbeni-Jomsom-(via Ghasa & Beni) Pokhara via bus & taxi/jeep in one full day? I understand the that I might reach Pokhara late at night about 9pm.

I was told the rainy season just ended. Therefore, there might be road closures.

I will reach Jomsom on 5 Nov. If there are any trekkers who would like to come along, just holla me!

Cheers!

Default Re: Jomsom - Pokhara (possilble to do via bus & taxi/jeep in one day?)

You might want to fly or walk out of that area. I took the bus down from Jomsom and it was really quite a dangerous road due to various places where the bus crosses landslides just above the river. I wouldn't take the bus again unless it was the very last option. A jeep would be safer or you can walk out in a few more days though the trail is a road much of the way and not that exciting. If you can afford to fly out this is the safest.

Default Re: Jomsom - Pokhara (possilble to do via bus & taxi/jeep in one day?)

Thanks Sager.

For the benefit ofnother trekkers, I have just returned from Jomsom via a tourist jeep which I shared with 4 other trekkers. It cost each of us usd100 from jomsom to pokhara which took 10 hours without stops except for lunch and toilet breaks.

I had wanted to get a local bus to ghasa and to beni then to pokhara, but there were no buses operating due to festival period. However, i met other trekkers who departed from jomsom a day earlier than i did, their buses took 14 hours from jomsom to pokhara. Be prepared for some hiccups of bus delays or breakdown.

Buses are definitely cheaper but be prepared to stand for few hours until someone gets off.

Roads are narrow but the drivers seem to be experienced enough to manevour around.