Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: guidebook annapurna area with the new NATT-trails which avoid the roads

Default Re: guidebook annapurna area with the new NATT-trails which avoid the roads

Very useful book indeed helped me, a lot by planing my trek with the mountainbike. You just need to do the whole Thing with the GPS and then give also the GPS tracks. Will be also lighter to generate more informative maps/images for the book for the people without GPS (map in scale, elevation plot ect.). Google earth has also a very good images from the area (some of them already from 2014) and is pretty useful too if you have tracks and can see exactly where do you gave to go.

Lightbulb Re: guidebook annapurna area with the new NATT-trails which avoid the roads

The second edition from 2013/2014 is no available as printed Pocket book in Nepal at shops selling Maps and books from Himalayan Map house

you can alo get it at amazon UK http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trekking-Ann...king+Annapurna
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Default Re: guidebook annapurna area with the new NATT-trails which avoid the roads

I did AC again in mid Dec 2013-mid Jan 2014 (dates are correct and verified!) and the bridge 'looks' complete but workers said some last min things needed to be done to allow vehicles over...I do not know about motorcycles. I have not seen any updates on the road status at Chame during the spring trek season, surprisingly.

In any case as of that time no 4 wheel traffic crossing Chame.

We saw very little traffic along the route from Bhulbhule on up. A lot of off road trekking was available but even on the road it was not a problem. Of course above Chame just about nothing, some motorcycles was about it. We departed the main trail before Pisang and went directly up to U Pisang. While on the clearly marked NAAT trails we often could see the road and jeeps plying some really hairy sections.

It probably helped that it was really 'off' season.

I got the pdf and printed it two sided and just kept the current and next day or so accessible with the already done pages and pages yet to come packed away. Each night when studying for the route I'd update....what I really appreciated too in addition to the actual NAAT trail info was that the entire AC route was described--not just the alternate trails. Lots of new info new as more and more trails and villages not seen before are coming into play.

Thanks, Andrees,

Roger