Thread: guidebook annapurna area with the new NATT-trails which avoid the roads

Hybrid View

Lightbulb guidebook annapurna area with the new NATT-trails which avoid the roads

The road on the Manang side is now open for traffic till Manang and on the Jmsom side till Muktinath. As it is not really nice to walk on a dusty dirt road road chased by horning buses and motorcycles many trekkers choosed instead just taking the jeep and bus from Muktinath and missed one of the best trek experiences. Meanwhile there are many side trail which are beside or far away from the road. Together with my friend and partner Prem Rai and the support of ACAP we marked these Natural Annapurna Trekking Trails which we call NATT-trails.
    You can download the second completely revised Edition Ebook of the trail descriptions at amazon for the kindle (which is perfect for trekking as it runs on one batterie charge longer than 3 weeks and jsuts weights 170 g) . This book does not describe a standard trek like day 1..., day .... but many trek section so that you can combine and plan you very own trek according to your time aims and and desires. The book contains trail description for the AC, Annapurna Panorama trek & Poon hill, ABC, and the new Khopra Danda and Mardihimal trek. The Annapurna Area is again one of the best trekking areas of the world and for Example you can trek from Muktinath to Tatopani with less than 2.5 hours on the dirt road .
    This book is yet only avaiable for amazons kindle, but other Ebook sysstems will be soon possible and maybe it will also be printed in Nepal till mid oktober.
    see more at http://www.nepal-dia.de/int__England...k/ae_book.html
    Andrées

Default Re: guidebook annapurna area with the new NATT-trails which avoid the roads

Hi Andrees

A quick question - does the road now go to Manang village or Manang Disrict at Chame?

Excellent 1st edition, btw.

scoodly

Default Re: guidebook annapurna area with the new NATT-trails which avoid the roads

in January 2013 the road construction team said that the road was ready for traffic, only the bridge in Chame has to be finished. They expected the road to be openend for traffic in March /April , As The section between Chame and Dhukur Pokhari was the last remaining bottleneck i guess jeeps are plying now till Manang.
    But anyone who wants to chorten his AC should stop in Chame and sleep a night there, This is crucial for altitude acclimatisation. Then anyway one should contiue high above the road on the high route Upper Pisang, Gyaru, Ngawal Julu wher you absolutely have breathtaking views and a perfect acclimatisation.
    People who ride all the way to Manang have a high risk to get accute mountain sickness, even when they have there an additional restday.
    Andrées

Thanks Andrees.

Indeed, the road reaching Manang village will facilitate breaches of AMS guidelines.

scoodly

As of early DEC, 2013, there was no bridge across the river at Chame that could accomdate vehicles..I walked from Dharapani, where the Manaslu trek intersects the Annapurna circuit trek towards the start, to Chame, on the road and saw maybe 3 jeeps the whole time....from Chame to Pisang saw one motorcycle and one construction tractor thing. Then went to upper Pisang....saw no vehicles in Manang.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ray View Post
    As of early DEC, 2013, there was no bridge across the river at Chame that could accomdate vehicles...
    i`m a little bit confused about Dec 2013, did i miss xmas this year? if you mean Dec 2012 i agree as there was no bridge. The road construction superwiser for this area said in Jan 2013 that they will finish the bridge in spring and that this was the only obstacle remaining.
    The ready made metall parts of the bridge where already brought to Chame and pilled up at the beginning of the village.
    So i`m very interested to get news from the actual status of traffic after Chame.
    Andrées