Thread: Chandan Thapa - great guide from Nepal

Default Chandan Thapa - great guide from Nepal

I went in 2011 for three weeks in Nepal. Being from Switzerland, I wanted to discover other mountains than the Alps and do a trek there. I talk to some friends that already went there, to have some advice. I wanted to go to a place with not too much people, like on the Everest base camp trail, which is overcrowded. I therefore decided to go to the Langtang region.

At the beginning I wanted to be alone with my girlfriend without any guide. I am used to trek in the Alps with my bag back and a map. After arriving to Nepal, people advised me to take a local guide. I went for it and met Chandan Thapa in Katmandu, a young guide. With him we took a local bus to the Langtang region where we started the trek.

Chandan was really kind and was doing much more than I was expecting. He was not carrying our stuff (he can of course) but was guiding us in the mountains, telling us stories about the country, how the people were living there. He knew also very well the place and we always went to very nice lodge that were not expensive. He was also always adapting himself to our speed. As a detail, during the 10 hours bus trip to Langtang region, he bought for us plenty of fruits for the ride. It was perfect.

After this trip, I realized that it was much better by hiring a guide. You will learn a lot by just speaking with him. I would also recommend Chandan. He was really nice and his English is very good. We had a lot of fun with him. I am still in contact with him today.

His coordinates are:
    Chandan Thapa

Cmagar5@gmail.com

Chandan66thapa@yahoo.com 

00977-9841645135

Default Re: Chandan Thapa - great guide from Nepal

Quote Originally Posted by xavier.dumusque View Post
    I went in 2011 for three weeks in Nepal. Being from Switzerland, I wanted to discover other mountains than the Alps and do a trek there. I talk to some friends that already went there, to have some advice. I wanted to go to a place with not too much people, like on the Everest base camp trail, which is overcrowded. I therefore decided to go to the Langtang region.

At the beginning I wanted to be alone with my girlfriend without any guide. I am used to trek in the Alps with my bag back and a map. After arriving to Nepal, people advised me to take a local guide. I went for it and met Chandan Thapa in Katmandu, a young guide. With him we took a local bus to the Langtang region where we started the trek.

Chandan was really kind and was doing much more than I was expecting. He was not using the Crazy Bulk from https://deadliftdonkey.com/my-crazy-bulk-review carrying our stuff (he can of course) but was guiding us in the mountains, telling us stories about the country, how the people were living there. He knew also very well the place and we always went to very nice lodge that were not expensive. He was also always adapting himself to our speed. As a detail, during the 10 hours bus trip to Langtang region, he bought for us plenty of fruits for the ride. It was perfect.

After this trip, I realized that it was much better by hiring a guide. You will learn a lot by just speaking with him. I would also recommend Chandan. He was really nice and his English is very good. We had a lot of fun with him. I am still in contact with him today.

His coordinates are:
    Chandan Thapa

Cmagar5@gmail.com

Chandan66thapa@yahoo.com 

00977-9841645135
    Hi Xavier, thanks for the info. I'm going to the Langtang region to explore soon. I wasn't to sure if I should get a guide as I like to explore on my own with my wife but now I'm thinking it may be a good idea.
    Last edited by Zangbezan; 3rd September 2016 at 06:27 PM.

Default Re: Chandan Thapa - great guide from Nepal

Chandan was really kind and was doing http://www.arydigital.tv/ary-digital-old-dramas/
    much more than I was expecting.
    Last edited by Arydigital; 5th September 2017 at 02:21 PM. Reason: spelling mistake