Thread: Recommendation for Lal Sunuwar and Mountain Sherpa Trekking and Expeditions

Default Recommendation for Lal Sunuwar and Mountain Sherpa Trekking and Expeditions

I did the Annapurna Circuit from January 11 to February 11 2013 with Mountain Sherpa. It involved hiking over Thorung La, up to 5400 meters, and we ended up breaking trail three days after the first major snowfall of the winter, through drifts knee deep and thigh deep, in the dark. The temperature was around minus thirty Celsius. I would not have done it without the experienced guide, Lal Sunawar, who works for Mountain Sherpa. Other westerners and Koreans had more incompetent guides, and they ended up following in our tracks. So I think the extra money you pay for a Mountain Sherpa guide is worth it. All Mountain Sherpa guides carry first aid kits with Diamox and Cipro. Lal was also a good companion and a good guide on less rigorous, cultural parts of the trek. Mountain Sherpa will definitely back you up on a difficult trek!

For a detailed account of the trek:
    http://aroundannapurna.wordpress.com/

Lal's contact info: lalsunuwar@yahoo.com
    Last edited by Booldawg; 12th June 2013 at 07:31 AM.