Thread: Annapurna anyone? Arriving Nepal April 7 2013

Default Annapurna anyone? Arriving Nepal April 7 2013

Hi

I just bought a plane ticket to Kathmandu and plan to go trekking on the Annapurna Circuit a couple of days after my arrival on the 7th of April.

I am a solo travellerand am looking to hook up with other independents (single of group) who also plan to do this route.

I have over a decade 's experience trekking in mountainous regions (Moroccan Atlas, Pyrenees, Alps, Scottish Highlands) and have twice spent 6 weeks walking classic high level routes in the Alps with only 5 kilos of equipment. My usual style is light and fast, although I gladly trade speed and progress for good conversation

I am male, 36, originally from Scotland but have lived in Greece, Germany, Poland and Italy. As well as English, I can speak Greek and German fluently, and have a little French and Italian. I am an English teacher and academic by profession and am told at least that I am very good company.

If you have similar plans to mine, I would love to hear from you. You can contact me on my email ponteefex@gmail.com

Hope to hear from you soon

A

Default Re: Annapurna anyone? Arriving Nepal April 7 2013

Hi - I hope I'm not too late...
    I'm arriving in pokhara on april 10th. Keen to start the a.circuit by the 12th. Looking for trekking companions to enjoy the trip with. Would like to join agroup of likeminded trekkers!
    Just finished a month of travel in india and am very excited about not being on a bus or train for a long time!
    Am in my late 20's, sociable and eady going, generally very active either hillwalking or biking at home.

Hope to hear from you!
    S