Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shonas

Default Re: Shonas

Hi Folks
    I have just had confirmation of that e mail address , so it looks like we are in business , Thanks to Scoodly !!!
    We can now contact Shonas for info about gear
    Cheers Mike

Hi Yakshaver
    Ive sent you a private message my reply from Shonas regarding large sizes and prices let me know if you have it
    Cheers Mike

Quote Originally Posted by redders View Post
    Hi Yakshaver
    Ive sent you a private message my reply from Shonas regarding large sizes and prices let me know if you have it
    Cheers Mike
    Thanks Mike, got the info. I have to figure out where they are. For all my 12 trips to Nepal, I have no idea... I mean, I am ignorant on many issues, this is probably the least of them. I am almost sure I stumbled into them, might have even bought stuff from them not knowing it is Shona. Stuff you do, people you meet, ships passing each other in the night.
    yakshaver

Head out of Thamel as though you are going to Fire and Ice - on Tridevi Sadak. There are crossroads before you get to the block containing Fire and Ice (and the permit counters) and you turn right down there - Amrit Marg. (There are usually taxis congregating at these cross roads.) Shonas is about 60-80 metres down Amrit Marg on the right hand side.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    * thesilvertops *

Hi Silvertops
    Thanks for the map ,it will be good when we get Google Thamel Streetview!!!
    One point of interest , can I ask is that situation shown for The Rum Doodle Bar an old situation ,because when I went to KMD 3 Years ago I m sure it wasnt anywhere near Shonas ?
    Just in case someone who knows the Rum Doodle thiinks its nearby
    Cheers Mike
    ps Its been Great to be able to get in contact with Shonas ,Thanks to the magic of this Forum !

In April 2011 The Rum Doodle was located as per Silvertops' map. From memory, Shona's (and Andy) is just opposite the road that runs down to Gaia Restaurant and the Rum Doodle is off the street in a courtyard just north of Shonas. I first went to Rum Doodle in 87 when it was small and located around the corner from La Dolce Vita. 20 years later it was in the same street as Funky Buddha and was packed everynight with 200 patrons and served fantastic food. In 2011 we were the only diners there one night and didn't go back again. Hopefully things have picked up for them.

Mark

Mark I was at Rum Doodle this last New Year and it was dead as a doornail. I would think that April/May would be the peak period there, with all the climbing expeditions etc.

Hi

Looking down Amrit Marg from the cross roads. Shona's is on the right just by the car underneath the red arrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    * thesilvertops *

Hi Folks
    Fantastic info on here and especially Silvertops Google Thamel Streetview
    Great to have a map AND photo to guide us in
    I am disapointed to find that Rum Doodle has moved since 2008 since we were there as I was hoping to check out our Footprint !!!
    It was very busy then ,I wonder what happened to it ,I thought it was supposed to be a must on the Trekkers Trail
    Cheers Mike

Thanks guys, excellent info, map, photo. Much appreciated!

Yes, Rum Doodle was in Sathgumti until about 7-8 years ago, then it moved near hotel Vaishali. Never the same atmosphere. Use to go there every time. Since it moved I went there a couple of times and gave up.
    yakshaver