Thread: The Manaslu and Tsum Valley Trek notes updated

Default The Manaslu and Tsum Valley Trek notes updated

Since our track notes were first written in 2010 there have been huge changes on the Manaslu-Tsum trek. In season, it is now easily done as a 20-day lodge trek with accommodation available every night.

More than 10,000 copies of these track notes have been downloaded so we have fully updated them following our latest visit in November 2012.

We hope you enjoy this trek as much as we do!

http://fedup.com.au/images/stories/n...ValleyTrek.pdf

Default Re: The Manaslu and Tsum Valley Trek notes updated

Good Info,
    I hope it will be really helpful to the all trekkers to Manaslu.
    Thanks in advance.

Just wanted to say a huge "THANK YOU" for those notes. I was one of the people who downloaded the old notes for when I went last year over Dec. '11 to Jan '12. While we got stuck and couldn't go over the pass due to a snowstorm dumping well over half a meter at Dharamshala and Samdo (probably a lot more on the pass), the notes were really helpful in figuring out the rest of the trek and trail.

The updated ones look even greater and I highly recommend anyone going on this trek to read those notes to get a very good idea of what the trek is like. Also, I think the notes are great to recommend some good lodges as some of the lodges on the trail are certainly a lot more basic and may come as a surprise if you are used to Everest standards. Although I'm sure as the years go on, these lodges will continue to get better and better.

Also, can not say it enough, but it is true that Dharamshala does shut down for the winter. We got there and even with the snow, still attempted to cross the pass, and of course failed.. The night before crossing was freezing because the lodge had shut down at Dharamshala for the winter and there was no one to open it for us in Samdo. I do wish in the future that maybe they will try to keep it open during the whole year.....but could be hard with the weather and uncertainty of the pass.

Anyway, all this to say again, a big thank you for creating these notes.

Many , mant thanks for sharing this!

The road building to Tibet through the Tsum valley has started in earnest. Please do see my updates in this blog post below which will be useful for trekkers to Manaslu and/or Tsum this autumn season

https://sujoyrdas.blogspot.in/2018/0...ay-5-2018.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sujoy View Post
    The road building to Tibet through the Tsum valley has started in earnest. Please do see my updates in this blog post below which will be useful for trekkers to Manaslu and/or Tsum this autumn season

https://sujoyrdas.blogspot.in/2018/0...ay-5-2018.html
    Wow! So Tsum will have a road as well!!! It will take away a lot of its charm. And it is an amazingly charming place. But hey, it could be good for the locals. Or maybe not. I do not know
    yakshaver