Thread: Hanging around Kathmandu

Arrow Hanging around Kathmandu

I'm here until the 7th Nov with not much on my agenda (besides a few days to Bandipur), so if there are any other TrekInfo people in Kathmandu over the next week or so who fancy meeting up for a meal/drink/chat/tour etc then feel free to get in touch and we might meet up.

Leave a message for Oli (aka "Mister Oliver") at the Potala Guesthouse, JP Road Chhetrapati (bottom end of Thamel)

Default Re: Hanging around Kathmandu

I would love to pop over for a coffee at Cafe Mitra with you Oli but it's not going to happen. Have a great trip.

Hi Oli

Thanks for the update on your trek. I will miss you this time, i arrive 14th and will head out for the Makalu BC trek back out via Phaplu on the 16th.

enjoy your time in KTM !!

If only it was commutable in a weekend then I'd be there! Next year perhaps, have a good un...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Escher

Hi guys, it would be great to hang out with you all in KTM again. I met up with Landfall & FunkySoupDragon before we all went off on our treks. We were discussing which of the TI regulars we've met over the years, or keep just missing as in the case of Yakshaver

I am sorry to report that Cafe Mitra has been architecturally butchered, in a similar way to Via Via being rebuilt in concrete and brick a couple of years ago. Its quite saddening to see so many of the old buildings in such a dilapidated state. There is a large building site (hole in the ground and 1/2 shell of concrete) right behind JP school, I'm hoping that won't be swallowed to make the new mall, its an institution that has been going since 1938AD. Maybe I should go to 1905 for dinner and/or the Garden of Dreams.

I'm feeling particularly lazy, maybe I ought to be out on a 2nd trek tramping around Helambu, but a day hike or two out of Bandipur will be more relaxing. KTM is returning to normal after Dashain, kites still fluttering in the afternoon breeze. Thamel is as busy with tourists as ever before. Life is good

Hi Oli, I'm a fellow Brit, arriving back in KTM on the 3rd or 4th, if you fancy meeting for a drink or some grub. My Nepal mobile is 9803 727 645.

Bandipur was nice for a couple of days, but I'm back in Thamel again.

Jigsawn: I'll give you a call later...