Thread: Gokyo - Cho la - EBC in early December

Default Gokyo - Cho la - EBC in early December

I'm planning on doing the Lukla - Gokyo - Cho la - EBC - Lulka trek in early December.
    As of now my plan is to travel solo with a hired porter-guide.

If any other independent traveller/small group is in the region around the same dates, I would't mind:
    either trekking together to split porter/accommodation cost
    or be on the same route but travel individually and at least have a few people to hang out in the evenings at the tea houses

If anyone intends on doing the same route around early december, feel free to reply

cheers

Default Re: Gokyo - Cho la - EBC in early December

Hi,
    I am very interested about your plan and absolutely agree with your idea. However, I will be arriving Kathmandu on the 13 Nov. Where will you be at that time? Jhana

Howdy,
    My name is Dan. This sounds fine. I could be down to join up on this trek. Although I won't be arriving until the 14th of December. Any plans of doing the Annapurna Circuit?

Hi,

I'm could also very well be interested in joining up, if you're still planning on doing the trek...? Trekking together and splitting porter/accommodation cost would be great!

I will be in Nepal/Kathmandu from mid November.

Annapurna would be great as well!

Hi,
    That itinerary sounds like what I intend to do as well. I am 30m, grew up in India but lived the last third of my life in the states.

Plan to be in Kathmandu around 28th November and hope to start as soon as possible after that.

At this point, if I don't find a partner, hoping to hire a porter OR guide as that maybe what I can budget for (but most likely porter) but would be great if I can join up with someone to split costs so maybe it could be guide AND porter. But open to ideas.

Let me know if someone is still looking or if you guys have formed a group.
    cheers,
    S
    Last edited by globe_trekker; 10th November 2012 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Changed notification type

Hi all

I'm also panning the saw trek from Jiri to gokyo to EBC than return via lukla

I long for trekking partner or to share a guide

I should be in KTM around the 25th ,

So if you guys are around we can meet for a cafe and talk more

I have a very flexible schedule

All the best!

Hi everyone,
    I am currently in KTM and will be ready to move after conference/wedding on 1Dec.

I would love to consider any combination that may include a Jiri departure, or EBC, Gokyo or Cho La combination but have some concerns about doing the higher passes as some walks eg three passes are not recommend in December due to snow.

I shall research more and ask around but certainly keen to head that way from 1 Dec for around 3 weeks.

Cheers