Thread: Pokhara hotel.

Default Pokhara hotel.

Good evening

The wife and I are trekking to the ABC in early May and would like a nice hotel to return to.not looking to spend a fortune however would like a pool and ability to have a massage.
    What do you recommend?
    Also and recommendations for a clean and cheapish hotel in Thamel?

It's been 10 years from my last visit so im really out of date

Thank you in advance

Adrian

Ps - planning on paragliding in pokhara, any recommendations?

Default Re: Pokhara hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by Resma123 View Post
    Hi,
    please go to all Apex Treks and Expedition ( P) LTd Kathmandu Nepal, which is best of the best office in kathmandu for organize tour, treks, paragliding and ... ... ..., Please here is the e- mail address of this trekking office:
    info@tourandtreknepal.com
    have a wonderful day.
    with best regards.
    Resma

When will you learn.....?

There may be a hotel in Pokhara with a pool but I've never seen one, stayed in one or in fact heard of one! I normally stay in low or mid range and they are unlikely to have one, perhaps the more expensive ones do, like Hotel Fishtail where all the Japanese and Koreans stay? Perhaps someone else knows better than me.

When you say cheapish what do you mean? I've stayed in Thamel Hotel, Norbu Linka and Ganesh Himal in Chhetrapati and they were all fine at around $25-40 per night. Cheaper than that there are loads but I would avoid the KTM Guest House like the plague.

And look here too.

Ps. I deleted that agency's message. We don't leave their adverts up long round here.
    Last edited by Escher; 24th April 2012 at 04:41 PM. Reason: for grammar
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Escher

Thank you for the speedy reply.
    I think we will stay in the Hotel Ganesh in Kathmandu and the wife has managed to find a hotel with pool in Pokhara, women will always find something more expensive

The hotel she has in mind is Hotel Barahi

http://www.barahi.com/

Regards

Adrian

Thumbs up Re: Pokhara hotel.

I stayed at the Hotel Ganesh Himal in Kathmandu this past January, and it was great. Nice staff, good food, rooftop access, and free mineral water. It is also away from the noise of Thamel, but only a 5 minute walk.

I would love to hear about the hotel with a pool in Pokhara. I had no idea any existed.

best,
    Bret

Check out the Hotel Barahi is just off the main street in pokhara. It has been a while since I stayed there, but in 2004 it was four star facility with the expected facilities and service. They had a pool (with pool bar), spa, resturant, etc... Seems reasonalby priced. It was a perfect post trek hotel.