Thread: [Videos] Trek in Corsica: the GR20

Thumbs up [Videos] Trek in Corsica: the GR20

Hi,
    Ok, it's not Nepal, but since this is the right section, I'm posting this, because I noticed nobody had posted anything about this wonderful 15 day trek that spans across the Corsica mountains and is considered to be the toughest trail in Europe.

For more information here are some resources:

corsica.forhikers.com/gr20

and a couple of videos I shot back in 2010 and 2011 when I walked the northern and southern section of this trail.

Corsica GR20 North: Memories of a Trekker and

Corsica GR20 South: Memories of a Trekker 2 - Return to the Island

The videos are some 55 minute long each (ouch!) and describe my experience there. Hope you enjoy them.

-- Mike
    Last edited by RedAlert; 12th February 2012 at 09:28 PM.

Default Re: [Videos] Trek in Corsica: the GR20

I did that trek in September 2011, and it was fabulous. The hiking is difficult, but you when you arrive at the hut (you're not supposed to camp except at huts), you can order dinner or buy supplies and usually get a shower with water at about 33 degrees Fahrenheit. Because everybody goes hut-to-hut, you see the same people for several nights in a row, and I found it to be a very social hike. The trail network in Corsica is fabulous, as is the fresh sheep cheese you can buy!

Lovely videos, such a beautiful place. I was lucky enough to work out there for a while and watching this makes me want to go back more than ever. Thanks for sharing.

Awesome is the word to describe the view.