Thread: A new forum - Rafting in Nepal

Arrow A new forum - Rafting in Nepal

I suggest to replace pretty outdated forum "Maoits" by forum
    "Rafting in Nepal" . I understand that this site is mainly for trekking (and I love it and appreciate all the effort of those who run it), but essentially trekkers and rafters are the same people and it may be very convenient to have all the information in one place; I think also that it can add to the popularity of the site, a little bit of a fresh blood (which is needed).

What do you think? < and it is not too much effort - just replace the name>

Default Re: A new forum - Rafting in Nepal

Paddle Hard!!
    No, Nepal has both white water and flat water (scenic) river. Paddle hard for white water, upper Marsyandi, Bhotekoshi, Kaligandaki or relax on lower part of Trusuli.
    CAUTION!!!! Know where you are going in monsoon season (mid-June to late September). Some parts of the rivers during monsoon should be avoided because of flood & roughness of the rapids. Take it easy

Yeh would be great for those love rafting and specially in nepal its awesome.
    You can do the rafting in the wildest and fearful river of Nepal Bhote koshi. I have also done it once and it was terrific and you can stay there too and do the bungee jumping.
    Great place

Quote Originally Posted by Slowtrotter View Post
    I suggest to replace pretty outdated forum "Maoits" by forum
    "Rafting in Nepal" . I understand that this site is mainly for trekking (and I love it and appreciate all the effort of those who run it), but essentially trekkers and rafters are the same people and it may be very convenient to have all the information in one place; I think also that it can add to the popularity of the site, a little bit of a fresh blood (which is needed).

What do you think? < and it is not too much effort - just replace the name>
    Yes I agree. It should be something different now that election is over.

Default Rafting in Nepal

We are nearly ready to have the rafting experience in Nepal.

We are training in Italy Trentino with
    http://www.extremewaves.it/it/sport/...i/rafting.html

high level of guides and Canoe Kayak teachers. Also the river Noce is fantastic.
    What rafting you suggest in Nepal?

Cheers
    Ginevra