Thread: Annapurnca Circuit Trek Oct. 2011 - Travel companion wanted!

Default Annapurnca Circuit Trek Oct. 2011 - Travel companion wanted!

I am looking for a travel buddy and/or personal guide for the 21-day Annapurna Circuit Trek. I'm arriving in Kathmandu on 10/5 and would be ready to meet for the hike within a week or two thereafter. My itinerary/timeline is open since I'll be in Nepal until the end of November.

I've read several things about how much nicer it can be to hike the ACT outside of a big group and so I'm considering a more personalized experience.
    I would be fine to hike without a guide, but would also not be opposed to having one experienced person on board.

Is there anybody out there who'd be interested in joining me? I am a 26-year old female, on an 8-month world tour. I am a seasoned hiker and active. I have a big interest in the spiritual world of Nepal and would be interested in stopping in monestaries along the way. I'm also interested in tea house accommodation, but I am not opposed to spending a few nights in a tent either. I speak English & German fluently.

Let me know if you are interested. Thanks, Franzi C.

Default Re: Annapurnca Circuit Trek Oct. 2011 - Travel companion wanted!

Hi Franzi,

My name is Kuok Yuen from Malaysia. Im looking to hike the trail based on this itinerary http://www.yetizone.com/Annapurna/Tr...rna_Trek.shtml from Oct 14th to Nov 6th. Im leaving Malaysia Oct 14th and reaching KTM 1105am same day so can start a day after hopefully on the 15th as will be keeping to a tight schedule.

Will hope to cover all these places as detailed in the website and also would like to go up the dhaulagiri ice falls (day hike) from larjung 1/2 way through the hike.
    Might have to compress itinerary a bit to try and fit all in but my hopes is I'll be able to get all these done.

Im a pretty sporty person and have hiked through yosemite and did the cross switzerland alpine pass route before.

Let me know if youre interested and you can look me up in facebook also under my name (Teh Kuok Yuen).

Thanks
    TKY

Smile Re: Annapurnca Circuit Trek Oct. 2011 - Travel companion wanted!

Hi
    Recently I have been to Muktinath through tattopani, lete, marpha and jomsom; I am now in Pokhara I would love to know more people who are interested in exploring in and around Pokhara. We can interact to explore the ways to contribute and be companion to fully make the best out of it
    facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=714906872
    cell no nepal: (+977) 9813635457

¬ Adnan ¬

Hi Franzi. I have very similar plans, sent you a Private Message, please login for more info...

Oli

Hi Franzi
    I'll be in Nepal from Oct 10th to Nov 3rd. I'm thinking about AC and just started to work on itinerary. I'm in contact with local agency I used on previous trek.

Regards
    Andrzej

Hi Franzi,

I will be arriving to Kathmandu 16/10 and need to be back in Kathmandu by 07/11 (start of my volunteering job) and would ideally want to make the Annapurna Circuit as well. I'm travelling alone and would be very interested in joining other trekkers!

Probably by now you have more concrete plans, could you let me know?

Ene

Hi Franzi

I'm Jordi from Barcelona but living in Andorra (Pirenees mountains). 45 old M

I'll be trekking in Nepal in Gokyo&Everest area alone with a guide since sept20th. If nothing happens I'll move to Pokhara about oct12th and planning to trek Annapurna Circuit based in tea houses.
    I was wondering if to look for someone/s with more or less the same plan. I guess it could be fine.
    Stop in monasteries and villages is OK. No hurry at all.

facebook: Jordi Matas Danés

hello im looking for anyone or any people to trek with on the Annapurna circuit. looking to be in Pokhara about the 22nd septber. to leave for the circuit at the end of the month? beginning october atleast?
    its apparently do-able in 19 days, but i would look to take 3 maybe 3.5 weeks, to make sure of good acclimatisation and to take short side treks and more rest days. anyone welcome to join all or part of this idea, get in touch.
    im 28, reasonably fit, english, male, relaxed. can speak french.
    cheers
    rob
    verble_kint@hotmail.com