Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Manaslu and Tsum Valley in May

Default Manaslu and Tsum Valley in May

Hello,

Has anyone done the Manaslu Trek / Tsum Valley during May? I'm trying to get an idea of the weather?

Thanks.

Default Re: Manaslu and Tsum Valley in May

Namaste!!

Weather will be perfect at that time of year, nice trekking you choose, still less crowd place any way welcome to Nepal,
    Himal ghale

Hi there

we were there in April last year - the visibility can be a bit hazy but the weather was stable and no rain. You are lucky - a really remarkable place and people.

cheers

Taghairm

I am going next week, returning in early May, so I will post a report when I get back. I will ask about the weather.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by cyclingpaul View Post
    I am going next week, returning in early May, so I will post a report when I get back. I will ask about the weather.

Paul
    Paul,

I have sent you a private message. Please answer, privately. Thanks
    yakshaver

Now that Upper Mustang is done, Manaslu is next. Can it be done as teahouse trek?

Just barely. The lodges are few and not the same quality as on AC or in Khumbu. They might also be full if you are unlucky. What I have heard there is some kind of shelter now before the pass (permanent tents?), but I do no know about the other side if there are accommodations at the meadow where groups used to camp after crossing. Going without a tent is certainly possible, but you would possibly have to rough it a bit in places.

It you have time go to Tsum valley also, that is the place to be right now.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Thumbs up Re: Manaslu and Tsum Valley in May

You can do Manaslu as a teahouse trek however the quality and comfort of the teahouses will not be up to standards of the more popular treks. That being said, sitting around the fire on the floor eating with Nepalis is an experience in itself. The teahouses are better than expected in the larger villages such as Laprubesi, Marchikola, (a brand new one). Jagat, Philim, Lho, Samda, Samo. In some of the smaller villages you will definitely question whether or not you want to stay in them but if you do you will survive. You can also stay at Monasteries along the way if your timing is right. They are quite clean, comfortable and interesting. I was offered a room at the monastery on the hill near Lho but had to continue further. It would be a great place to stay for a view. As long as the teahouse is open at Dharmasala you wont NEED a tent. I carried one which I used only once over a 23 day trek. You can also try to stay with locals which is an incredible experience if you dont mind sleeping on the floor on a mat with your sleeping bag. Last November they were working on new teahouses, lodges in smaller villages which should be open now. I have an earlier post with some teahouse pictures if you search. you will love the trek!!!!

Hi there

Here are some fairly recent trek notes for this trek in the same month. We found the lodges quite adequate but did catch fleas.

http://www.fedupwithfoodadditives.in...ley%20Trek.pdf

cheers

Taghairm