Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upper Mustang in early winter

Default Re: Upper Mustang in early winter

Hi Silvertops

I've just enjoyed your fabulous pics of Mustang and have just sent you a PM with a couple more questions - if you don't mind. Thanks.

I did Mustang in November. Properly prepared the camping tea house is not unbearable. The elevation is not that high. Around noon strong winds whip up through but they die off every evening around 7 or 8 pm. The biggest negative in my mind at that time is that about 80% of the residents have left for the winter. I think it was the 3rd when I flew out of Jomsom and the King& Queen were behind me on the flight. We had watched people stream south the whole time we were heading to Lo Manthang.
    It is a stunning landscape though.
    It doesn't have to be fun, to be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    ... Properly prepared the camping tea house is not unbearable...It is a stunning landscape though.
    Thanks Sharon and all for your advice and suggestions. Sharon I can just see that caption on the front of a brochure, 'Do this trek - not unberable'

Well I've decided that I'd prefer to go visit the kingdom when the subjects are at home, so have changed my date to mid September, and will be going with a company that will hopefully get more than just two of us as clients. The weather should be much kinder then, even if we get a little rain and clouds in the lower areas.

I'll still do a short trek just beforehand in the lower Annapurnas. All booked now, and really looking forward to the most stunning scenery.

Smile Re: Upper Mustang in early winter

Hi there

From 1 July 2011, please access our Nepal information, track notes and photos for Manaslu-Tsum, Arun Valley, Muktinath-Kagbeni and Upper Mustang at
    http://www.fedup.com.au/information/...al-information

cheers

Taghairm

Hi all

Roger just noted that the web address here is out of date - please use http://fedup.com.au/information/nepal/nepal-information

cheers

Taghairm