Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clothes to wear after a long days trek

Default Re: Clothes to wear after a long days trek

Don't take offense at Yakshaver, he doesn't drink enough so is prone to some outbursts of silliness. I guarantee you that he was just having some fun in general and not making fun of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrus
    If you use boots for hiking, then trainers. If trainers (trail runners I hope) then sandals, yes, with socks. The important thing is to get both your feet and socks dry before the next day.
    That is right on, how we do. Always two pairs of shoes, not just to get dry, but also to allow some rest and a change of environement for the feet.

Trekkerman: Yakshaver is always hilarious, no offense
    Last edited by Per; 5th February 2010 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrekkerMan
    I thought my questions would be taken seriously here. Guess i was wrong.

Thanks for nothing Yakshaver....you are a real help
    I apologise for the misunderstanding. My bad. On the other hand you're welcome, no worries.
    I guess, so that I am seen to make a fair attempt at being serious (I have no sense of humor that I am aware of...) I suggest that maybe an apres-trekking-day wardrobe list could be developed. Escher could put up a sticky for that, when he has a bit of time.

I just want to emphasize one particular item of footwear at this point. This item would most definitely be on top of my apre-trekking-day wardrobe list:

Booties. Apart from the stuff already mentioned by intentionally serious people (including me), I would like to add that I really appreciate changing from trekking boots into booties. Booties: those really uncool things made of fleece, with kinda rubbery soles - much worse looking and a lot daggyer than crocks. But after a day of trudging up (or down, or up and down) from somewhere to somewhere else, my feet feel fantastic resting in them.
    However, I have my La Sportiva Trango Trek boots handy to put them quickly on, in case Scarlett Johannson or the LYW does all of a sudden make an appearance (for Scarlett to impress, the LYW to kick).
    The risk of wearing booties, or sandals and socks (Boulia you are a real sadist... did not really expect that from you!) is that after the 23rd day of trekking (or only the second day, if you're my friend Adrian from Transylvania) the odour from one's feet can easily penetrate outside through the fleece. To the extent that the lodge, the camp, and the next five villages up and down the valley are suddenly declared a disaster area - and one could be hunted down for perpetrating acts of terror. And I believe it's fair enough. Still, for the sake of my feet feeling really comfy after a hard day, I let the damn victims pile up, who cares...
    But I've been starting to be a bit more careful lately... Last I heard of Adrian, he was being questioned using "special interrogation techniques" in some military base on the coast of Cuba.
    Last edited by yakshaver; 9th February 2010 at 06:54 PM.
    yakshaver

Crocks. They may look funny but are great for post hiking. They also work well for crossing streams and with thick socks are warm enough for cold nights.

Crocs are good, v. light weight though pretty unattractive. You can also wear them in the shower!
    I wore ugg boots in the teahouses during my last trek - received many glances of envy. Or was that revulsion or pity? Oh well...

Thumbs up Re: Clothes to wear after a long days trek

crocks should work. Make it work as Tim says on Project Runway. Trekking and traveling is definitely a fun time for dressing in what ever you like to be comfortable and look stylish.

Great Reply Yakshaver .its not many replys on here have me laughing out loud ! but picturing you at Gorak Shep in your apres trekking gear nearly made me spill my morning cuppa !
    The most important thing to wear after trekking is a SMILE and remember to pack a SENSE OF HUMOUR !!

Quote Originally Posted by redders
    Great Reply Yakshaver .its not many replys on here have me laughing out loud ! but picturing you at Gorak Shep in your apres trekking gear nearly made me spill my morning cuppa !
    The most important thing to wear after trekking is a SMILE and remember to pack a SENSE OF HUMOUR !!
    Thanks man Or woman
    Every now and then I'm in that really silly zone... As you say, in Nepal sometimes you need a lot of sense of humour.
    Last edited by yakshaver; 11th February 2010 at 04:29 PM.
    yakshaver