Thread: new rockclimbing location in Pokhara

Netherlands (55%), Nepal (40%) and France(5%) of the year

Default new rockclimbing location in Pokhara

Yes! It's a fact; the new rock is born and ready.Tendi Sherpa and me worked this year over two weeks:; drilling, bolting, working out lines, etc, etc. It's private so see following rules and regulations:

new thread placed on 31/10/2013
    Last edited by Harry; 31st October 2013 at 08:06 AM. Reason: change of rules

Default Re: new rockclimbing location in Pokhara

There has been one climb added since last week! More to come next year.
    From next week training from EWN/3 Sisters adventure are starting, so might be possible that there is limited space for climbers. Saterday is no problem.
    Harry

Namaste Harry,

I just saw your post on here and was wonder a few things, I will be in Pokhara for 4-5 months starting in June. Looks like you guys have started something fun around the area and wanted to know if you need some help or if I could join you guys with the progression of the area. I have set some routes back in the states and looking to help out. Are your routes lead routes it says top rope but also says you can us draws?

Hopefully we can meet up on Pokhara and share some tea or climbs for that matter

Cheers

Aaron

Lightbulb Re: new rockclimbing location in Pokhara

Hello Aaron,

We are planning to open two more pitches this December. Since all material is glued in, it is hard to work out while I am not there. You can't buy it in Nepal and I will bring it this winter from Europe. If any suggestions, just tell EWN (Cecil) and he can manage and inform me.

Have a safe climb.

Harry

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Hello Aaron,

We are planning to open two more pitches this December. Since all material is glued in, it is hard to work out while I am not there. You can't buy it in Nepal and I will bring it this winter from Europe. If any suggestions, just tell EWN (Cecil) and he can manage and inform me.

Have a safe climb.

Harry
    We were able to add some new climbs last week (december 2011) and thanks to Aaron we now bolted nr. 7 (grade 7b/c). All information can be found at EWN office where the fee for climbing at their rocks has to be paid before climbing. Further information you can get a my address or at the desk of EWN or 3 Sisters guesthouse at lake side.

Pls. respect rules and regulations and don't go without permission.

Harry
    Last edited by Harry; 6th October 2012 at 05:37 PM.

Thumbs up Re: new rockclimbing location in Pokhara

I were now several times climbing at this location and I can warmly recomend it!

You can also rent climbing gear. And 3 Sisters can also provide a climbing instructor, who also can simply be a partner to belay.

Will try to post some pics tommorow.

As prommised here are some pics of the cliff: 3 Sisters’ Climbing Rock in Pokhara/Nepal images

But I also saw two climbers that didn't use apropriate helmets, harnesses, or shoes. And I'm also quite sure they didn't pay the fee. climbers without apropriate gear:

Last edited by DancesWithYetis; 30th December 2012 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Image not diesplayed

Cool! I can't wait to be back and I will climb that new location.

Lightbulb Re: new rockclimbing location in Pokhara

Quote Originally Posted by DancesWithYetis View Post
    As prommised here are some pics of the cliff: 3 Sisters’ Climbing Rock in Pokhara/Nepal images

But I also saw two climbers that didn't use apropriate helmets, harnesses, or shoes. And I'm also quite sure they didn't pay the fee. climbers without apropriate gear:

Wow, nice pictures! I saw them running around but not that clear. Nice you like the place! EWN/3 Sisters just updated on their weblog and there is also a nice photo impression and short movie on youtube:
    http://3sistersadventuretrek.wordpre...on-in-pokhara/
    See you!