Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vaccinations costs

Default Vaccinations costs

Hi, I've been trying to find out how much I should expect to pay for vaccinations, but I can't find much info on it. Does anyone know where to find info, or can anyone tell me how much it has cost them?
    (I'm a UK resident) Thankyou!

Default Re: Vaccinations costs

I am not even aware that vaccination is needed. May I know what is the vaccination about? H1N1? High altitude?

Hi All,

I am heading to Nepal in May next year and was wondering which vaccinations are necessary to get
    Any advise would be appreciated.

Thumbs up Re: Vaccinations costs

I never get any

Quote Originally Posted by TeSP
    I am not even aware that vaccination is needed. May I know what is the vaccination about? H1N1? High altitude?

Sorry I seem to be on your case -- you've got some research/reading about Nepal trekking to do. See CIWEC website for recommended vaccinations

http://www.ciwec-clinic.com/articles..._for_nepal.php

Hi Landfall,

Thanks for replying to 2 of my threads. Appreciate the information and encouragement given. Thanks.

Regards
    Te

Quote Originally Posted by Suginami
    I never get any
    I thought you needed to get certain vaccinations and certificates to prove you have had them?

Thanks Landfall38 for the web link. I don't suppose you know roughly how much all of these cost in total?

Showing evidence that you have had the vaccinations is not required. Its a peace of mind thing what you get,if any. I got a number but not all those recommended some years back and now keep them up to date. Sorry can't help you with the cost. I got them via a GP but understand now the travel clinic option is the lower cost.

Quote Originally Posted by nouronihar7
    I thought you needed to get certain vaccinations and certificates to prove you have had them?

Thanks Landfall38 for the web link. I don't suppose you know roughly how much all of these cost in total?
    No certificates required (at this point).

Cannot comments on costs, as these differ so much in different countries. For example, here in Canada they are less $ than in USA, but other locales may be even more or less.

CIWEC might publish a price list -- or, at least, give you prices by email. Note, however, most vaccinations should be given weeks before going away. (Also, CIWEC is not the cheapest of clinics in Kathmandu!)

Hey,
    I know that the (approx.) current rate in Australia for the two vaccines listed below are:

[vhat] Hepatitis A typhoid : AUD$100
    [vbx] Boostrix : AUD$30

Though I would be positive you could get them for cheaper if you were say a student or similar. Not, many of the vaccinations listed on online websites are sexually transmitted diseases, so you don’t always need to get EVERY SINGLE SHOT if your in a hurry- check with your doctor(s).

Hope this helps someone!