Thread: Visa/Permit photo size??

Default Visa/Permit photo size??

What size photos do I need to bring for these?? do they have to be "Passport Photos"?

Default Re: Visa/Permit photo size??

Yep............
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Escher

I've used my own home-taken photos -- look like passport photos but much cheaper -- cut down to size. Have had no problems the several times i've done this (for Nepal)

They do say "passport photo" but I'd be inclined to think that if you turned up at the Khumbu entrance office at Jorsale with a glossy 8x10 of yourself that they would not turn you around. It IS Nepal after all.

They also say that you have to show your passport to get your entrance permit but last time I left my passport in KTM and only had a photocopy of it which seemed more than acceptable.

The visa counter at the airport might be another story but you can get passport photos there (doing so will put you at the back of the visa line though)

Quote Originally Posted by Landfall38
    I've used my own home-taken photos -- look like passport photos but much cheaper -- cut down to size. Have had no problems the several times i've done this (for Nepal)
    Have you tried to get through with someone else's photos? THAT would be fun, but I am willing to bet 100 bucks that you'll get the visa. If they say " Hey, this is not you! (unlikey, unless you have a pic of Monica Belucci), you just say "Sorry, I made a mistake, they are the pics of my friend who was supposed to come.". Then produce your pics for the visa man.
    yakshaver

Phoned the embassy here in Canada and they said Canadian size is good.

Quote Originally Posted by affpro1234
    So the rumors are correct... Canadinans are a decent size. Always thought size matters, no matter what they told you.
    yakshaver

Quote Originally Posted by affpro1234

Definitely (actually, Canadian size is a bit large and they will cut it down with scissors).
    But, you will pay a premium if you get an "approved" Canadian passport photo -- and you won't be allowed to smile

Hence i make my own.

YS: Perhaps next trek I will try a photo of slim handsome guy, a silver fox. Hey, isn't that like you?

Definitely (actually, Canadian size is a bit large and they will cut it down with scissors).
    I certainly hope they don't cut my Canadian 'Size' down with scissors, I am just fine with what I have right now...maybe if they wanted to tape some extra on??

But, you will pay a premium if you get an "approved" Canadian passport photo -- and you won't be allowed to smile

Hence i make my own.

YS: Perhaps next trek I will try a photo of slim handsome guy, a silver fox. Hey, isn't that like you?
    The mind boggles...
    Re the photo, me? Hansome yes. Slim? Now you push it...
    yakshaver