Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Khopra Ridge

Default Khopra Ridge

We are going to plan a trek to the ridge of Khopra Danda at the end of october. Has anybody experience with this route? How is about the community lodges which are told to be placed along this trek? Is there also a lodge at the ridge or just a camping ground?
    Thanks for all kinds of information
    Thilo

Default Re: Khopra Ridge

Good luck with this trek. If you find the mythical Khopra Ridge, please tell us where it is. It is not on any map and the descriptions in itineraries on the net are very vague. It must exist because there are photos here:
    http://kattychick.com/Nepal12.htm

But no maps.

Anyone else have any information?

But be sure you follow the rules here.
    Name:  rules.jpg
Views: 2292
Size:  38.9 KB

Somewhere between Gandruk and Ghorepani is the best I can do. Looks like Anna South(???) and Dhaulagiri in the photos.

Looks very civilised up there.
    rich

No one goes so far or so fast as the man who does not know where he is going. H.W.Tilman

Hi from a sunny and hot Perth, WA. If you are hiking from Ghorepani down the hill to Tatopani then Kopra Ridge is on your right somewhere across the valley when you are part way down. If you are coming from Tatopani to Ghorepani you cross the Kali Gandaki first and then before you cross the bridge over the side valley (Ghorepani valley) you turn uphill by a group of houses on your left. I believe it is quite a tough climb and afterwards you have to go down and up again to get to Ghorepani. The lodge is run by the community with the school heading the operation hence the sign. When we were in Annapurna last year we met the porters carrying in all the bedding etc., The route is being promoted heavily as an alternative to the usual Tatopani-Ghorepani route because it offers close-up views of the Annapurna.
    * thesilvertops *

Thanks so far for all your answers, especially for your description, silvertops.
    We'll head to Nepal tomorrow.
    Thilo

Namaste!

KHAYER BARAH TREK MAP

Name:  khayer_barah_trek_nepalmap4.jpg
Views: 5567
Size:  32.3 KB

Large size
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/65102166@N00/4021251924/

Ging

Thanks, Ging. So it's not a myth after all.

Interesting that older maps don't show the trail or the temple.

This is very useful. Thanks for the map and info. Micro treks along the A circuit will help a lot. Time to open up more little side trips from Jomson, Kalopani and other places1.

Hey, I am REALLY interested in doing this trek and would . I have been asking around for the past week I've been here, and finally seem to have found the truth about where it is (what is on the above map is only part of that trek - there is more of the trail apparently that goes all the way to Tadapani). I have also found some guides who know the way and the teahouses there (many guides still claim you need tents). I can't do it alone though. I can leave as early as Wednesday if you guys or anyone is interested in doing it with me! I'd love to do that and then ABC or reverse order.

Let me know!
    Cheers,
    Ally