Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thamel Massage

Default Thamel Massage

Anyone had one and whats the deal?How much do they want.I was desperate for a massage when I got back from trekking but was quoted over 100 dollars.Thats got to be too much.Whats the going rate ?

Default Re: Thamel Massage

Quote Originally Posted by dhalbhastart
    Anyone had one and whats the deal?How much do they want.I was desperate for a massage when I got back from trekking but was quoted over 100 dollars.Thats got to be too much.Whats the going rate ?
    Usually 100 rupees, but for you it is 100 dollars. But do not be suspicious, I don't know for sure but I think it'ss not because you are a foreigner. Speculating here: looking at your face, they must have concluded that you are the type of person who would like lots of "extras" with your massage. Like tea, coffee etc.
    Last edited by yakshaver; 29th September 2009 at 05:02 PM.
    yakshaver

Wink Re: Thamel Massage

Same with haircuts.

I normally pay about $250 plus a bit more if I need my nose hairs trimming.

I hear the locals only pay about 100 rps but I'm OK with that.

I had a massage in a propably better quality establishment near Hyat hotel, I think it cost something like 1400 NRs which included some kind of discount & refreshments. It lasted about 1.5 hours and they massaged just about every muscle exept the tongue (shame on you, IT is not a muscle...).

Some places that my wife visited in Thamel were not good, the one at the North Field cafe was one of those. Not professional.

In Pokhara was asked if I was interested in a Yak butter massage. I did not enquire about the price. I had smelled yak butter and well enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvester
    In Pokhara was asked if I was interested in a Yak butter massage. I did not enquire about the price. I had smelled yak butter and well enough said.
    Hm... kinky!! Must have been expensive. Was it body to body? I mean yak to human...
    yakshaver

Smile Pokhara Massage

If someone is looking for a good massage in Pokhara i could recommend the massage center of my friend Prem and his wife Maina. They did miracles on my 78 year old mother but also younger trekker were very happy.
    As you have to go up a small and step stair to the first floor its called now "Stairway to Heaven" see a descritption on http://www.nepal-dia.de/int__England...n_pokhara.html
    Andrées

Looking for a good massage at Yak Kharka?Look no further than the Yaks lying around on the pastures.Free and they love it too.

Quote Originally Posted by dhalbhastart
    Looking for a good massage at Yak Kharka?Look no further than the Yaks lying around on the pastures.Free and they love it too.
    Tell me about it...
    yakshaver

Quote Originally Posted by sylvester

Not quite the essential oils you would normally have in mind for a massage!

Do Yaks do massage too? Maybe it was the luscious yeti woman and not a Yak, im sure Yaks are too busy eating grass and making fuel to do massages on tourists.