Thread: Bus Kathmandu - Pokhara in the afternoon ?

Cool Bus Kathmandu - Pokhara in the afternoon ?

I will arive in the morning (09:30) on the airport of Kathmandu. Is there a possibility to take a tourist bus at, lets say, around 12:00??

I can only find information on early morning buses!

Please help me!

Thanx!!

Talking Re: Bus Kathmandu - Pokhara in the afternoon ?

Nameste, it's been quite awhile since I've been to Nepal but in the decades I've roamed that country I've always got put on an early morn bus to Pokhara. So don't fret, get a room, relax for a day from your jet lag and grab an early bus which takes about 6 hours or more. I like up front on the right side to catch the scenery. Happy trails

Default Re: Bus Kathmandu - Pokhara in the afternoon ?

My experience is the same as Michael's, a very early departure and about an 8 hour trip including a lunch stop. Not too say there wasn't a later bus, but given the length of the trip I'm sure all departures would be planned to arrive long before dark. You get to see a lot of Nepal's scenery, culture and economy along the way (... when your not focused on the landslides and passing other buses on blind corners). Given the road conditions, traffic and driving was I opted to fly back. If you really want to get to Pokhara on the same day you arrive you might have better luck flying.

Agree with the postings above. Unless there is some pressing reason, a day trip bus leaving in the morning is the best option. The trip, while long (7-8 hours) is quite nice. Maybe go Greenline, or some other one of the better bus companies. Greenline stops to have lunch at a nice hotel high above the Trisuli river.

I am sure there are night buses, but they will be only cheap buses. It might be fun in some ways, but it would be very tiring (they stop everywhere), and generally a shock to the system. Some tourists do it as some kind of rite of passage. Plus travelling mostly after dark you will not get to see the nice scenary, the villages along the way etc.

If you really have to arrive in Pokhara that afternoon, maybe try to fly.
    yakshaver

Ok, Thanks for your help!! I will take the bus the next morning!

Quote Originally Posted by duysa01
    Ok, Thanks for your help!! I will take the bus the next morning!

If you have not seek Kathmandu before, you could spend the afternoon seing some of the very interesting sights around the capital.
    yakshaver

Thumbs up Re: Bus Kathmandu - Pokhara in the afternoon ?

A bus is fine if your money is limited but not nearly as nice as a car as you can then stop where ever you like and look at the mountains of the ravines and stop to pick up oranges. Its also much quicker. Costs over 100 US but I love that trip.

Cool Re: Bus Kathmandu - Pokhara in the afternoon ?

Update of 2015... Usually the buses leave Kathmandu at 07:00 pm. if you need to get to Pokhara later on the day you can take a mini van, catch an expensive flight or just take a taxi.

Should that be 7.00am, morog?

scoodly