Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: this guy made my trek

Default Re: this guy made my trek

Couldnt agree more Norsang was great. I wrote this as a separate thread but here it is again if you didnt see it,

Just got back from a fantastic trip in Nepal with two good mates. The whole experience was run really smoothly by our guide Norsong Lama(from the time he picked us up at the airport till he farewelled us two and a half weeks later). I also chose Norsang based on reviews I had read by many of his previous happy clients and I was not dissapointed. We had Norsang(guide) and his Uncle and younger brother as porters on the Annapurna Base Camp trek in Jan 2013. Everything was run so well. Norsang helped us hire good sleeping bags/gear at really good prices, arranged all our permits, transport, acommodation, meals etc, etc He also had a fantastic knowledge of all the mountains, villages etc He and his Uncle and Brother also introduced us to Nepali card games in the evenings and even some great Nepali music along the way! He was a very thoughtful guide always putting our needs and wants first. He had the flexibility to change our itinerary if we wanted to change(ie. speed up or slow down) and always made sure that we were having a great experience. Please contact me if anyone has any further questions.

chiroxpete@gmail.com

I hired Norsang's brother Sanjay for the AC in July and he was great. Sanjay has a wealth of knowledge of virtually every point of interest and he even pointed out things to me that I would have otherwise missed.

You can't go wrong with these guys. I also spent some time with Norsang and they were very detailed about planning the trek and ensuring that I was properly prepared for the trek.

I wouldn't hesitate to use them again if I return to Nepal.

Send me a PM if you want more details

It was our 2nd trekking experience with High Camp Trekking Company and Norsang Lama was our trekking guide for both treks. We went on Poon Hill Trek in May 2013 and returned one year later (May 2014) for EBC. During our first enquiry on Poon Hill trek, High Camp Trekking was the first trekking company to respond and the replies were all very prompt and informative. Norsang has been a wonderful guide for both treks. He can answer all questions, from mountains, to birds, flowers, and many more. He is very patient and helpful to bring us around to get our trekking equipment and ensure we have the necessary and proper equipment. During our EBC trek, he will ask how we were feeling, to identify if we were suffering altitude illness. He even take note the day we started on Diamox and inform us when to stop. He ensures that we have sufficient rest and food and water intake. Both trips could not be any safer and enjoyable without Norsang. We highly recommend High Camp Trekking Company. We will definitely trek with High Camp for our 3rd trip!

You can find out more on High Camp Trekking at their website www.highcamptrekking.com or email Norsang at trekinfo@gmail.com.

You can also pm me on our experience with High Camp Trekking.

Hi guys!

This is a new account made for the sole purpose of recommending Norsang. I had browsed through these forums before my trek and arrived back home a week ago.

If you are looking for a trustworthy, experienced and friendly guide who will put your interests first, then you need look no further than Norsang and his company.He is a very organised guide (and manager) who has a comprehensive knowledge of the area and can adapt quickly when things donít go according to plan.

I found Norsang online after scouring many forums trying to find an independent guide with great reviews. As Iím sure youíre aware, itís often difficult to find outstanding service that is also affordable. Our decision to go with Norsang proved to be worth every cent.
    We wanted to visit Tilicho Lake as well as cross Thorung La Pass despite being on a tight schedule. While some other companies said that this wouldnít be possible, Norsang was very understanding and explained to us that it would depend on the weather conditions during the trek. He provided a very clear itinerary that showed us exactly what was or wasnít included and let us tweak it as much as we needed. When we arrived in Kathmandu, everything was pre-arranged and the trek went as planned.

Unfortunately, half way to Thorung La pass, Norsang contacted the Tilicho base camp teahouse owner and informed us that not only was the teahouse closed, the path to Tilicho Lake was too icy to cross as a result of recent snowstorms, which meant our original itinerary would be cut down by 4 days. However, he quickly provided an alternative itinerary that fit into our time frame with no hassle. The next day started with heavy snowfalls that trapped everyone in Manang, where we were staying. While many other trekkers ended up staying for the night, Norsang led us to the next destination as soon as the snowfalls became light enough to safely trek in, in order to keep on schedule. This proved to be a crucial decision because as soon as we crossed Thorung La pass 2 days later, heavy snow-storms swept the area, making the crossing impossible.

It was our first ever trek as well as our first time in Nepal and we learned a lot about Nepalís culture, flora and fauna from Norsang. Our porters Siam and Maila were also great and we all had a great time playing a Nepalese card game they taught us. Despite all our theoretical knowledge gained from our prior research, little did we know just how challenging it would be to do the circuit in winter, and I can say for sure that we would not have made it without Norsangís services.

I highly recommend High Camp Trekking to anyone who is thinking about trekking in Nepal and we will definitely use their services again next time we go back.

Please visit his website
    http://www.highcamptrekking.com/testimonial/

Feel free to contact me on jamesqiuhang@gmail.com if you'd like to have a chat about Norsang and his company.

Regards,

Norsang and Milan were amazing!!!!

We have just completed the Annapurna Circuit trek, hiking for 18 days (21 if you include the days either side in Kathmandu) with Norsang Lama (Guide) and Milan Tamang (porter) through his company High Camp Trekking. We could not recommend Norsang and Milan highly enough. Norsang was very easy to communicate with via email and quick with responses to our questions - and our shuffling of dates - when needed. He was able to give us a detailed list of what to bring with us (both medical and gear) which made the preparation easy.
    He was there to greet us when we arrived close to midnight at KTM airport and took us to our accommodation. This was just the start of the continual care and attention that lasted throughout the whole trek. His knowledge of the surrounding areas is extensive and he never grew tired of our questions about plants, people, animals and, of course, the mountains. At every stop our needs were taken care of first and we always felt very well looked after and safe. When trekking through precarious paths we were reassured and guided with a gentle "Bistari Bistari" (slowly, slowly) - this was especially helpful over some of the tricky and rough terrain that we covered.
    Neither of us were sick on the journey and the attention to prepare us for the high altitudes was excellent.
    Both Norsang and Milan are honest, warm and hard working people. Although we met people doing the walk themselves, we feel they were missing out on so much important information and details about the culture and places that you cannot find in a travel book. It also allowed us to enjoy ourselves and not worry about logistics, as well as employing locals who know the area.
    We highly recommend Norsang and High Camp Trekking and look forward to our next adventure with them.

Trekking with Norsang was one of the best choices my fiancťe and I ever made! He was knowledgeable, friendly, responsible, and now has become a great friend to us! I was nervous going into it as I had never climbed at altitude before, but he made sure we were safe and well prepared. We did the Pikey Peak trek which is 7 days (9 days including travel before and after) and it was perfect for us! Thank you Norsang for everything! We want to plan another trip soon

HI Gracie Namaste

better to write the full name of your guide, if he is best to guide.