Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KTM -> Pokhara flight booking

Default Re: KTM -> Pokhara flight booking

i like the private car option. that could be good. is there a reliable way to tee up a driver? use the hotel as a referrer?

Quote Originally Posted by jules21
    i like the private car option. that could be good. is there a reliable way to tee up a driver? use the hotel as a referrer?
    Yes the hotel can organise it for you. A private car should not be more than 120-150 USD one way to Besisahar. Make sure it is not a 1972 Nissan Datsun or Toyota Corolla. For that price it should be a better car.
    yakshaver

Personally I wouldn’t go through your hotel for a private car – they tend to really bump us the commission. My own recommendation would be to get one through a reliable and preferably recommended agent. I emailed my “Man” in Kathmandu to see what the going rate is and this was his reply
    “The private car would cost USD.100.00 from Kathmandu to Besisahar for Japanese latest model nice car”

Just a couple of points to add
    1) A normal car would be fine as far as Besisahar but from there to Bhulebhule the road is very rough, so If you decide to get your private car to take you there, make sure that it has sufficient ground clearance !! – otherwise either walk or catch the local bus – the latter only takes ˝ hour and saves you walking on a dirty dusty road
    2) If you expect the driver to be able to tell you about what you are driving past then ask for one who speaks at least some English

Good Luck
    Rob