Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best underwear

Default Re: Best underwear

Yakshaver you are hilarious!

Does the merino wool dry quickly though?

P.S. Suginami so are you! (I think intentionally anyway) Wouldn't have immediately placed the underwear thread in the safety and travel information category. But then again, as Escher says, if you get run over, you can't be too careful.

Quote Originally Posted by yakshaver
    I was just going to say... I love the Nike sports bras!

Have you personally tried the Nike sports bra YS, or do they just look good on the LYW, I mean Scarlett? Just interested, you know, it's nice to have personal information about a product don't you think!

I haven't tried Merino undies yet, maybe I should, I used nylon ones while doing the AC as they are easier to dry, but maybe I will think about trying the merinos. Cotton ones are more comfy, but dont dry so easy, and if you are really hot and sweating, they get really damp, hope that does not sound too personal!

It would be nice not to have to wear a bra, you men are so lucky in that department, but alas, needs must, maybe I should be grateful I need one, I just go for the normal plain smooth ones, you only need sports ones when out running as there is obviously more bounce going on, and it does get painful when that happens.

But I agree, if your'e undies are not right, then nothing is....
    Last edited by julia; 22nd October 2008 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by julia
    Have you personally tried the Nike sports bra YS, or do they just look good on the LYW, I mean Scarlett? Just interested, you know, it's nice to have personal information about a product don't you think!

I haven't tried Merino undies yet, maybe I should, I used nylon ones while doing the AC as they are easier to dry, but maybe I will think about trying the merinos. Cotton ones are more comfy, but dont dry so easy, and if you are really hot and sweating, they get really damp, hope that does not sound too personal!
    I can neither confirm nor deny anything about the issue of me wearing bras.

Secondly, the Earth Sea Sky, or Icebreaker underwear, wether merino or silk, does not stink on me for a week. So if you have three of everything, you can do most treks without washing. Of course I have one of those small holdalls, where I store used unwashed stuff, to keep it separate.
    And at night I change into the night longjohns and long sleeve stuff, also merino wool (I have two pair of those), so no washing for this kookie during the last Gokyo trek. On my last night in Lukla before flying out, I wore the clean non wool stuff.
    Wash less, use merino wool undies, use less water and detergent = save the environment.

Finally, I do use "wet ones" (serviettes that is, do not think of anything silly...), to clean the essential bits every evening and morning. The I apply some deodorant (usually Hermes, or maybe Chanel Allure Sport for Men; sometimes L'eau d'Issey by Issey Myaki). Appart from beying more attractive to Scarlett, I heard this wards off LYW who apparently prefers the "natural" musky odour, in men.
    Last edited by yakshaver; 22nd October 2008 at 08:46 PM.
    yakshaver

Exclamation Re: Best underwear

Quote Originally Posted by deserteyes
    Yakshaver you are hilarious!

Does the merino wool dry quickly though?

P.S. Suginami so are you! (I think intentionally anyway) Wouldn't have immediately placed the underwear thread in the safety and travel information category. But then again, as Escher says, if you get run over, you can't be too careful.
    Deserteyes,

No I am not. Secondly, please have a look at my rant on the philosophy of wearing wool or silk undies in my reply to Julia. It will cover the aspect of washing/drying and the need (or not) thereof.

Finally, P.S. Sugi is a cracker, especially when he gets angry...
    Last edited by yakshaver; 22nd October 2008 at 08:49 PM.
    yakshaver

does not stink on me for a week. So if you have three of everything, you can do most treks without washing.
    You're either very lucky or forgot to ask what your travel/trekking companions thought....

Deserteyes,

No I am not.
    Oh yes you are. I actually had a (laugh out loud) belly laugh reading your "rant" to Julia.

Got to say, I do feel sorry for the LYW. All those years of going to Nepal, and you still shun her.

Quote Originally Posted by Landfall38
    You're either very lucky or forgot to ask what your travel/trekking companions thought....
    Honestly, try it. I must say I do most of my treks in winter. Merino wool knickers and t-shirt while you walk. Get to your room in the evening, undress. Don't do anything silly. Take out one medium size wet serviette. Apply with purpose underams, groin area, etc.
    Put on the merino "pijamas" liek Icebraker or Earth Sea Sky longjohns and long sleeve shirt.
    Revers exercise in the morning.

While around other trekkers in the lounge of the lodge, do not act self conscious or smell your underarms.
    Last edited by yakshaver; 23rd October 2008 at 10:29 AM.
    yakshaver

....... are there no showers at the lodges on the Goyko trek . . ... .

Honestly, try it. I must say I do most of my treks in winter. Merino wool knickers and t-shirt while you walk. Get to your room in the evening, undress. Don't do anything silly. Take out one medium size wet serviette. Apply with purpose underams, groin area, etc.
    Put on the merino "pijamas" liek Icebraker or Earth Sea Sky longjohns and long sleeve shirt.

While around other trekkers in the lounge of the lodge, do not act self conscious or smell your underarms.
    Last edited by yakshaver; 23rd October 2008 at 10:30 AM.

Why not use the basin of warm water and a washcloth to wash your hair,underarms etc. I'm sticking to that!

In a more personal Post "bathroom" hygeine, I go for the soap and water routine and forgo toilet paper for the duration of treks.

Quote Originally Posted by RRainey
    In a more personal Post "bathroom" hygeine, I go for the soap and water routine and forgo toilet paper for the duration of treks.

OK guys ... WAY too much detail!
    Last edited by yakshaver; 23rd October 2008 at 10:29 AM.