Thread: Is this an improvement?

Question Is this an improvement?

Let us know if there are problems or issues that need to be resolved with this new message board. It's more flexible and has lots of features than the old one - including the ability to search old posts.

Default yakshaver

This looks good!!! Great stuff!
    Of course it is just a first impression, I have only spent five minutes on it...

Will let you know as I experience it more.

Well done

Default junior speaking

Just feel a bit patronised by being indetified as "junior member"... What would it take to make me "Senior member" ,or "top dog", or "grand pooba"?

Wink

Good Idea - done. Took a while to figure out how to do it.

Next step is to figure out how to let you moderate posts.

Thumbs up yakshaver

You are a funny man !!!!
    Now my dreams came through! I feel so important
    Regarding moderating... No, I think you do it very well.
    You manage to keep the rubbish away, and stay in the background.

Red face no coments

Every thing is excellent in this way of style and the activist webmaster. you have manage very well I'm just giant about the web or just penitrating throughout the enternet way and technology. just I'm ready to give some fatlefarting blablabla and some questinaries of you. please if you have any questions about information of trekking route...............!!!!!!!!!!! let's enjoy
    see you in next....!!! be free to ask to lift up sky I will be ready any time !!!!!

Default new web comments

I liked the old format so much better. I guess the old adage about "if it isn't broken don't fix it" applies to this situation in my humble opinion. I now surf yetizone.com to get my updates on Nepal rather than this website which I occassionally use on a blue moon.

Default My opinions, worth 2NRs

Trekinfo and Yetizone forums are both equally valuable resources, with comparable quality and signal:noise ratios. The ad hoc format of YZ versus the more structured format here have pros & cons, but IMHO this is 'better'.

Two things though...

Is there a way we can get an RSS of new forum postings? I think vBulletin can support this via its 'external.php' script if that helps.

Also, is it possible to edit/delete our Calendar entries? I just posted the dates of my return next spring, the entry is not editable so I guess I'm just gonna have to go now
    I think this would be a really cool feature for trekkers to post info on when they are in Nepal, especially if it is editable so that we can update itineraries and contact info etc.