Thread: Ganesh Himal as a second trek? Advice, please

Question Ganesh Himal as a second trek? Advice, please

Hello, wise and knowing!
    I made my first trek (with my wife and guide/porter) this spring, it was ABC (amazing) - and I'm full of hope about the next. Thinking about camping trek in a less visited area, difficulty moderate or slightly higher . Ganesh Himal looks like a good option, but what I can't understand from what I've read: do we have here a feeling of being close to mountains like on ABC , or just a nice panoramic view, like Poon Hill? Is snow somewhere around? If not, may be it is an option to go closer to mountains like a sidetrip?
    Thanks to everybody who cares to share information. Internet rules!

Default Re: Ganesh Himal as a second trek? Advice, please

Yeah, ABC really is quite amazing! No wonder you desire to get back up into those mountains again. I have not been to Ganesh Himal (yet) but of all the other treks that I've done in Nepal there are few places quite so "right up there" as ABC. Maybe Gokyo Ri where the panorama has four 8000m peaks...

I have never been to Ganesh myself however there is a very doable trekking peak there called Paldor( < 6000metres) so I imagine there would be plenty of good trekking. A book called the Trekking peaks of nepal by Bill O'Connor has more information on the area.....under Paldor....

Name:  Tamag woman.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  68.2 KB
    In May 2004 I did a 2 week trek in the Ganesh Himal. To really enjoy the area I did it by a camping trek. In the 2 weeks we never saw another foreigner and people lived much as they would a hundred years ago. Wonderful rhodedendron forests, some easy ridge walks. If you go by tea house you will be very limited in how much you will see. It is a wonderful trek and amazing as you climb up the hill behind Sybaru Bensi and leave the crowds heading in another direction.