Thread: First Kala Pattar trek

Default First Kala Pattar trek

Hi

Firstly this is one of my first posts on this site as I've never really done much trekking before - so want to say hi to all on here.

I'm planning a trek between Lakla / Namche to Kala Pattar for April 2011, I think there will be about 8 of us trekking and am currently reading up on the whole thing in the trailblazer guide book.
    seems like there is alot to take account of.

I'm just hoping someone could advise on the best map to us both for planning the trek and actually out in Nepal along the trail.

Thanks
    Paul

Default Re: First Kala Pattar trek

you won't really "need" a map for that route... , but they are fun to have. Just grab one that strikes your fancy in one of the myriad stores in Thamel before you head out of Kathmandu on trek. They all tend to be about the same and come in large and small sizes.

Just noticed you've got Jamie's trailblazer guide. That'll have more detail then the maps themselves... though I do think having a map too is fun.

I did the kalapatter trek a few years ago, starting from Jiri.

It was really good and would highly recommend it. I pitched my tent near the top overlooking EBC.

It was so awsome i would be happy to recall those memories and give any advice...

You will have a fab time,

alan: