Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Side trips on the Annapurna Circuit

Default Re: Side trips on the Annapurna Circuit

The Trekking the Annapurna Circuit including new NATT-trails which avoid the road says:
    41. Trek Ranipauwa to Lubra (Lupra) and Jomsom:
    Marked with blue/white signs, 5-6 hours.
    Go to the jeep parking lot and follow the road for about 150 m. Turn left at the sign post indicating Lubra. You can already see the trail going up the hill in the direction of Lubra. The trail climbs gently through large pastures and is easy to follow. On the higher section it offers splendid views of the valley and the villages. Reaching the ridge,the trail continues just a little below it. Soon you will reach a point,where you have a superb view towards Lupra village and the mountains, including Dhaulagiri. Lubra Pass to Lubra: On the pass, there is a stone pile and nice views of the Muktinath valley can be had. You can also climb up to a viewpoint marked with a stone pile and prayers flags but it does not really offer a much better view than from the pass itself. Once, on continuing on the ridge, I had hoped I would have a panoramic view of the whole Kali Gandaki valley but returned unsuccessfully after an hour. From the pass turn left to the wide visible trail going down south to Lubra. The trail will turn right after passing a big apple orchard and descend to the river. When you reach the river, you can already see the trees and fields of Lubra on the other side. There is actually no big bridge over the river, so it might be impossible to cross it during monsoon season. Cross the river and you will see a beautiful red chorten in the attractive village of Lubra.
    so far i understand is a mix from the beginning of the red route and then the green

Thank you for the routes mate, im newbie and this forum is awesome!
    Last edited by mario1990; 12th February 2016 at 09:00 PM.

Something wrong with this directions . I tried it from Muktinath and got completely lost . The signs are more confusing than helpful .Quite dangerous as the hill became very steep and i wandered around there for ages going down then found I couldnt get back up again . No one around for hours . Never did find the way to Lupra .
    Take care when going off the beaten track in Nepal .Before you know it you can be in deep shit .

Quote Originally Posted by outfaced View Post
    The Trekking the Annapurna Circuit including new NATT-trails which avoid the road says:

so far i understand is a mix from the beginning of the red route and then the green

This route is very confusing and dangerous . Maybe ACAP have sorted the signs out by now but a couple of years ago it was madness .Take great care .

Smile Re: Side trips on the Annapurna Circuit

Thanks for sharing that route... Is one of my future projects to travel there

awesome post